School me on the Crosman 1701P

Pumps, pre-charged, springers and everything else pneumatic.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

School me on the Crosman 1701P

Post by atomicbrh »

Has anybody had the Crosman 1701P for a long enough period of time to see if it will hold up for weekly competition without constant tinkering or repairs? Also. How do you taco hold if you put metallic sights on it? A friend came over and shot IZH 46's with me today and inquired about what other entry level pistols might be available. I know glen ring and grand monkey have one. Any input or information would help.
High Speed
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: School me on the Crosman 1701P

Post by High Speed »

My self and 5 others have one. We shoot a informal match every week,no one has had any problems so far. Unfortunately they share the same traits as most guns, they shoot better than we can.
Stay safe
Mark
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: School me on the Crosman 1701P

Post by glen ring »

I have one. I put a Williams peep on it and sometimes a scope and butt stock so my 7 year old grandson can shoot it like a rifle. They are quiet and are so, so accurate. I was playing with it at 50 yards and could occasionally hit a 1/10th scale ram with the open sights. With a scope it's as accurate as you are at 20 yards. The trigger is pretty darn good, not as good as my 777, but the 1701p is much more shoot able. I fill mine with a pump and have had a full fill for two weeks now with no sign of leaking. The first one I had would slowly leak, but Pyramid Air sent me a brand new replacement.
Just Be Nice **==