Savage Mark II - which base?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
ur2ez22
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Savage Mark II - which base?

Post by ur2ez22 »

Thank you both! I checked out the companies SqHunter recommended, but unfortunately their weaver style rings are only for 30mm+ scopes. And neither company has bases for the narrow Savage receiver.

But I did get ahold of Morr Accuracy yesterday. He did offer to custom make new 3/8 bases for this thing, but he’s backed up a few weeks right now. I decided to try a set of his tactical target rings that fit a 1” scope on weaver rails, but are about a half inch lower than I was hoping for. That’s still much better than what I’m using today, and if those still frustrate me I’ll have him custom build the new bases and get his taller rings.

I appreciate everyone’s help on this. The Savage is actually a very accurate rifle with a great trigger for the price point, but it’s hard to support for the sillhouette game unfortunately. In time it’ll probably become a backup, but it’ll still do for now.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

thauglor wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:53 pm I believe Morr can make you an 11mm rail for his rings. He made a two piece setup for a Tikka I had at the time so I can use his rings.
That is a great idea, thank you. I checked the website and he has bases for Remington rifles already available.
pdeal
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pdeal »

I just completed some 11mm bases for rem 700 rifles (still need black oxide). Both nothing for savage. One thing to keep in mind is that in adding a base you no longer you will be over 1.5" high off the action most likely so go to a shorter size ring than 1.5". The set shown below are actually for a rem 700 clone.
IMG_0974.JPG
IMG_0973.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ur2ez22
B Poster
B Poster

Post by ur2ez22 »

You make some slick products Pete, and thanks for trading emails earlier this week on this! If I do end up with new bases, I know I’ll have to take that into account and that’s what I had done with the current Weaver bases (which also add height).