Rings, Rings, Rings

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
4H Dad
Unclassified Poster

Rings, Rings, Rings

Post by 4H Dad »

Never paid alot of attention to rings, but then again never owned a springer gun. Bought an Air Arms Pro Sport and adding a Leupold 6.5-20x40 EFR.

1 piece? 2 piece? Brand?

Thanks for the help!
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Rings, Rings, Rings

Post by DavidABQ »

BKL!

They make both one and two.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

The Pro Sport will have a harsh recoil. I have tried many different combinations of BKL products on Springers of all types. BKL rings and mounts will not hold up on Springers.
Save yourself a lot of frustration. Buy British Sports Match rings with the recoil pin in the back ring. Gently with the correct punch drive the pin into one on the holes in your receiver so that it centers in the hole. I think Sports Match is also sold under the Beeman brand.
Not downing BKL products. We have dozens of them on everything just not Springers.
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

I am using BKL rings on my 12 fpe TX200. I did mount a single BKL riser block behind each ring. This setup has not moved at all.
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

I received a surprise sighting in with my new replacement Talley matched rings, Fixed, Extra High, last week. Sighting in at 40m, with no wind, which is usually the case at that distance on a pretty calm noon, the windage adjustment was re-adjusted back to factory scope setting of, "0". I have had BKL and Burris Sig Zee Steel and never had a "0" scope windage at 40m. Not a big deal, but interesting with the Talley's on my dovetail 452 American.

Our Silhouette range has tall pine trees lined both sides with a gap at the 60 meters distance, of 15m wide on one side of the range, to allow excess for equipment. 60m it was +1 to the right and at 100 meters +2 for that day.
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/