1.5" tall rings for hunter class smallbore

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
gard72977
B Poster
B Poster

1.5" tall rings for hunter class smallbore

Post by gard72977 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:28 pm

I just bought a 1712 and need a set of 1.5" tall 1" rings to mount a Leupold 25x.

I like the Edge rings but would like a black set. Looking for a really clean setup. What are my options?

acorneau
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: 1.5" tall rings for hunter class smallbore

Post by acorneau » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:20 am

Other than the Morr Edge rings, the BKL ring/riser combo seems to be the most popular option. Maybe not as slick-looking as the Morr rings but they measure exactly 1.45" tall and come in black or silver.

BKL-257 rings: http://www.bkltech.com/BKL-6-Long-Dovet ... kl-257.htm
BKL-181 risers : http://www.bkltech.com/BKL-0-6-Long-Dov ... kl-181.htm

I ran this combo on a CZ 452 for almost two years but then got a 1710 and dropped down to the BKL high rings without the riser (0.975" tall).

Of course you could always get the Morr rings painted. Some guys do that so the rings match their rifle's color scheme.

Good luck.
Allen Corneau

Jerry G
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Post by Jerry G » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:15 am

Get them powder coated in the color you like. If you choose black, most places will give you a discount if you wait until they have another project which they are shooting black. I had my al. trigger guard done in flat black several years ago and not a scratch on it yet.

gard72977
B Poster
B Poster

Post by gard72977 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:43 pm

Thanks guys. Im just going to get the Silhouette Edge rings. Its a shooting competition, not a gun show.

If I kick butt, other people will use silver rings. If I suck they will say " He dont know what he is doing. Look at those silver rings on a blued gun"

Im just going to tell everyone " These are super competition rings, and thats the way they come."

Doodaddy
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Doodaddy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:15 pm

gard72977 wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:43 pm
Thanks guys. Im just going to get the Silhouette Edge rings. Its a shooting competition, not a gun show.

If I kick butt, other people will use silver rings. If I suck they will say " He dont know what he is doing. Look at those silver rings on a blued gun"

Im just going to tell everyone " These are super competition rings, and thats the way they come."
"They're silver because I needed them highly reflective in order to properly see how beautiful I am. It's not a problem you have." Image
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image