Wolf Lot number decoding

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
netninja
B Poster
B Poster

Wolf Lot number decoding

Post by netninja »

Hello,

Trying to see if anyone out there has the magic JuJu rosetta stone of decoding Wolf 22LR lot numbers?

For Example

207 44/2 404 1

177 45/1 254 2

Anyone?
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Wolf Lot number decoding

Post by Jim Beckley »

netninja, check out my post under Lapua Ammo about half way down the page, couldn't copy and paste it. Jim
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Let me try and help JB...
Jim Beckley wrote:Any one know how to read the lot numbers on Lapua ammo. I don't know if their high end stuff reads the same as their SK and Wolf, trying to find out about the Wolf, the Match Extra to be exact. I know a long time ago someone posted about the Eley, but haven't seen anything about Lapua, unless I was in my usual fog and missed it.
abraverman wrote:Normally it is a 10 or 11 digit number followed by a slash (/) followed by 2 numbers. If all the 10 or 11 numbers to the left of the / are the same, it is the same lot of ammo. These 10 or 11 digits are used for internal record keeping and have no expternal meaning.

The numbers to the right of the / indicate the case number out of the total number of cases in that particular lot. i.e. /11 means case #1 out of 1 total cases in that lot. /12 means case #2 out of 2 totals cases in that lot. /45 means case #4 out of 5 total cases in that lot.

I hope this helps.

Adam Braverman
Lapua USA
Jim Beckley wrote:Thanks, I picked up a couple of bricks that had the lot# of 047 45/1 124 1 and a couple of weeks later I picked up two more with the 047 45/2 124 3. Both pretty much shot the same. This was the Wolf Match Extra that shoots really good in my 1712.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
netninja
B Poster
B Poster

Post by netninja »

Thanks for the help guys! :)