CMP Sale

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

CMP Sale

Post by Bob259 »

I see the CMP has some of the Remington white box for sale at $90 a case for individuals or if your club purchases $65 PER CASE of 5,000... not a bad deal and I know some people had real good luck with it.

http://www.thecmp.org/Sales/ammo.htm
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: CMP Sale

Post by Jason »

Sold out, according to the CMP store website. I ordered some over the weekend, but went back to order some more today. I started thinking about how I have three kids that I would really like to keep away from my Eley and Lapua ammo. :)
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Boy that sold out quick.. :(
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

According to Orest, the Chief Operation Officer at CMP, they sold 4000 cases in just under three days, two of which were weekend days. I hope my order for four cases from yesterday made the cut. I think my daughter's 4H club ordered 20 cases at the $65 price for their junior shooting sports program.
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

Wow. That's a lot of ammo. I snatched up 2 cases the day it came out. Didnt want to be too greedy! We will see how it shoots. I heard rumors that old Remington white box bullets used soft lead that leaded the barrel to the point you couldn't shoot. I hope this doesn't play out.
- Joe
webmaster
Site Admin

Post by webmaster »

Yea, I vacillated a little as I've never had great luck with Remington but the free market resolved the issue for me. :lol:
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

That stuff is great for a 50 foot range. I don't think it would hold up at 100 meters.
ShooterP14
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ShooterP14 »

Jerry G wrote:That stuff is great for a 50 foot range. I don't think it would hold up at 100 meters.

That's ok, I can't either. =))
The Wonderful White Winged Warrior - He's Everywhere! He's Everywhere!
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

I got my CMP order yesterday and hope to shoot it this weekend, weather permitting. It's really clean and in great condition. I googled a MIL spec code that was printed on the outside of the box and found a Navy spec for minimum 1135 fps, 40 fps SD, and 2" group at 100 yds.

BTW - the bullet is shaped like a spritzer in front of the driving bands. Very pointy. I'll post a picture when I get a chance.
- Joe
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

My Clarke 10/22 shot 1-1/4" groups at 50 yds. Some groups were 0.6" with 5 shots, but the 10 shot groups always opened up. It always went bang and loaded/ejected fine.

I deem it to be accurate enough for cowboy silo practice

I will take back my characterization that it's pointy like a spitzer. Its more like CCI-STD shaped bullet. Definitely shaped to feed in a repeater.
- Joe