.22 LR Wood Ammo Box

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
1stlttightwad
B Poster
B Poster

Re: .22 LR Wood Ammo Box

Post by 1stlttightwad »

teetertotter wrote:
1stlttightwad wrote:
teetertotter wrote:Chuck.....my thinking would be the freight would be more than the product is worth. If costs do not exceed $50.00, I would want to look at it. Thank you for letting me know.
Jon
Dang it Teeter, what a neat idea for an ammo box..Just as soon as I finish my Rem 581S customising project that is going to be the next thing I do. I think I will make it to hold more rounds to allow for sighters/warm ups and just in case my rifle shoots another round better at 100 meters a separate section just for them. Good to see you here a steel chickens..Dave Deo Vindice (aka dbp1stltartillery on Rimfire forum)
tightwad, I talked to my friend a couple weeks ago and have decided to make 1 one hundred round box and 1 fifty round. He will cut the Maple, drill holes, and route out the top cover....etc. The hinge will be slide out type with hook cover fastener. He wants to see a little sketch from me more for the hole spacing and depth. I have not gotten around to it yet and will cost me a case of beer! A fellow that used to shoot with us and had a heart attack 2 years ago and still recovering, had one of these homemade wood boxes that he had for many years from another fellow. Nice to have you join us!
Thanks teeter, silhouette has been my first love for over 25 years..Took a long break from competition and have decided to get back in. I am customising my Rem 581S for appearance right now and then will work on the shootin end of it..I have not taken it to the range but I am not worried about its ability to deliver. I had some pics of my pistol grip work on Rimfire under S&W 22A section..This project will eclipse those by a mile..I currently have over 80 hours in the stock design, shaping and beautification..Can't show up with no dog at the matches..Can I. Thanks for the welcome..Dave Deo Vindice
chuckjordan2
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chuckjordan2 »

I have a friend in Germany making these holders. Out of beech. I've brought over a few and sold all but one at my club. Everyone seems to like them. He's going to make one out of a Ram soon. He does this part time (on a CNC machine).

Since I use CCI-SV, you take it out of the paper carton and place it directly onto the holder.

I have one of these 100-round left

This one hold RWS Ammo (not much of RWS is sold in the US)
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

chuckjordan2 wrote:I have a friend in Germany making these holders. Out of beech. I've brought over a few and sold all but one at my club. Everyone seems to like them. He's going to make one out of a Ram soon. He does this part time (on a CNC machine).

Since I use CCI-SV, you take it out of the paper carton and place it directly onto the holder.

I have one of these 100-round left
Very nice... how much is he charging for the different styles?
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
chuckjordan2
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chuckjordan2 »

Actually, I purchased 4 different types of holders from him (one 100rd, three different 50 rd) and shipping for all was 12 Euros (it lightly fluctuates and that amounts to $15.69 USD) so shipping is not bad if you buy together at your club.

The 100 round holders are 32 Euros each ($41.86 USD) shipping extra
The 50 round holders are 14 Euros ($18.31) shipping extra.

Even if you buy one (50 rd) and have it shipped that's still about $34 USD. Not a bad price.

I bought the above 4 and sold all at a match. If you can buy a bunch for your club (or get a bunch of people together at your club like I did) that spreads the shipping costs out.

Shipping takes 3 weeks (actually it takes 2+, but, rather than have people get antsy it's easier to say 3). And remember, he has a full time job. He's a fellow-shooter and I believe in supporting other shooters when I can (only he's located in another country).

The guy takes paypal too (I know anti-gun, but, for this case it's the cheapest way)

I'm going to point him to this thread. And also place his contact info here should you want to order direct (I hope this is OK?):

email: cncfisch@t-online.de
his name: Heiko

p.s. He is working on a Ram outline similar to the 50-rd Pig.
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

Those are pretty darn cool. I just picked up a single shot rifle and have been looking at the different ammo box possibilities and these are by far the coolest.
Baby Huey
fartsinpublic
B Poster
B Poster

Post by fartsinpublic »

For something different, there are these, in aluminum: http://www.technoframes.com/en/zero_22.php

And in wood (although I don't know if they come in 22LR): http://www.technoframes.com/en/frontier.php

About as far from a plastic MTM case as I have seen. My Winchester white box 333 will sure feel special if arranged in these cases. :lol:
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

I have an antique one my grandpa used in competition, the ammo company in Pittsburgh used to deliver all of their competition grade ammo in them. And while I love the box and the sentimentality, the lubricant on our ammo collects in the box and becomes a dust/dirt magnet. When I pull out my rounds some look like they have wigs on until I clean it out good. So make sure you make cleaning the box out a part of your routine, you really don't want that crap on your rounds....

Oh, p.s. one of our sponsors sells something like that, maybe they could put a lid on it or make a different one for you.
http://www.silhouette-gear.com/products ... llet-block
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
fartsinpublic
B Poster
B Poster

Post by fartsinpublic »

chuckjordan2 wrote:I have a friend in Germany making these holders. Out of beech. I've brought over a few and sold all but one at my club. Everyone seems to like them. He's going to make one out of a Ram soon. He does this part time (on a CNC machine).
As of Spring 2013, he no longer makes them.

I just emailed him, and he apologized for only having the announcement in German, on one place of his website, and it essentially says that he isn't making them anymore.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

I hate to come to the party late, but I bought one for my father this past Father's Day. The work is fantastic and the guy is top notch to work with. He can do custom laser engravings as you can see below.

http://2steinsordnance.blogspot.com/

I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

Now that is nice!
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

I've seen those on ebay. I think the guy that makes them sells just plain ones there. I wonder if he would make 40 and 60 shot versions instead of 50?
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

He might. I know he's set up for 50 and 100. I'm sure he might could set up for a different count. Jered is a dream to deal with.
fartsinpublic
B Poster
B Poster

Post by fartsinpublic »

Doodaddy wrote:He might. I know he's set up for 50 and 100. I'm sure he might could set up for a different count. Jered is a dream to deal with.
Do you have alternate contact info? Seems the blog/site linked above is gone... :?
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

fartsinpublic wrote:
Doodaddy wrote:He might. I know he's set up for 50 and 100. I'm sure he might could set up for a different count. Jered is a dream to deal with.
Do you have alternate contact info? Seems the blog/site linked above is gone... :?
Currently he is taking some time off for medical reasons. I have 3 more boxes to order if and when he picks back up.
fartsinpublic
B Poster
B Poster

Post by fartsinpublic »

PM me here or RFC if you hear. I'll add my order to his production schedule. :-bd