Lapua Polar Biathlon

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
steveyacht
B Poster
B Poster

Lapua Polar Biathlon

Post by steveyacht »

When I first saw this my nearly dyslexic mind saw it as, Lapua Bi-Polar. After that, I just had to order some! This may be like putting the cart before the horse, but has anyone used any of this ammo? Love to have some opinions!

thanks, Steve
Steve
Just happy to be here
NRA Life Member
AMA Charter Life Member
US Army Veteran
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Lapua Polar Biathlon

Post by Bob259 »

FWIW... I've heard of a couple of people who tried it and liked it,. Like any .22 ammo and rifle you have to try it to find out if your rifle likes it. I've recently had some great success with Center X, so don't over look that as well.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
steveyacht
B Poster
B Poster

Post by steveyacht »

Well, finally had a chance and time to get out to get my Rig sighted in and do an ammo test, the best I could. I used Aquilla Match, CCI Green Tag, Eley Match, Wolf Match and Lapua Bi Polar. (sic) At 40 Meters they all shot very well, with dime sized groups the normal for all. Back at 60 Meters, the best was the Lapua Polar Biathlon, then the Eley, Wolf, Green Tag and Aquilla, in that order.

Didn't have time to get a 100 meter test in, but I am thinking that Lapua will be my Ammo of choice. I was told by the previous owner that at 100 Meters he got the best results using Lapua Midas Plus. Glad Midway has the Bi Polar for 150 per Brick. I will be going to my first match this coming Sat..... Will find out more then.

S
Steve
Just happy to be here
NRA Life Member
AMA Charter Life Member
US Army Veteran
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

steveyacht wrote:Well, finally had a chance and time to get out to get my Rig sighted in and do an ammo test, the best I could. I used Aquilla Match, CCI Green Tag, Eley Match, Wolf Match and Lapua Bi Polar. (sic) At 40 Meters they all shot very well, with dime sized groups the normal for all. Back at 60 Meters, the best was the Lapua Polar Biathlon, then the Eley, Wolf, Green Tag and Aquilla, in that order.

Didn't have time to get a 100 meter test in, but I am thinking that Lapua will be my Ammo of choice. I was told by the previous owner that at 100 Meters he got the best results using Lapua Midas Plus. Glad Midway has the Bi Polar for 150 per Brick. I will be going to my first match this coming Sat..... Will find out more then.

S
steveyacht, you can buy the Lapua Midas Plus for $155 and the Center X for $94 per carton from Champion Shooters Supply (the per case price is better) and either one of those two will more than likely outperform the Bi Polar ammo. http://www.championshooters.com/index-ssl.html