Still amazed

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
siloet56
B Poster
B Poster

Still amazed

Post by siloet56 »

Several years ago I wanted to redo my 54MS.... My good friend Tom Volquartsen took it back to his shop to work his magic. Tom threaded the reciever and a new Hart barrel.. Before he chambered my gun he took an average demension of 50rds of eley white practice 100. Then he made a new reamer to that demension... Holy crap does this thing shoot.. I was lucky to purchase 2 cases of the P100 (same lot#) from champion shooters supply right away. Personally I am just an average bench shooter, so I gave it to a BR buddy of mine to test. This thing augers a hole at 50M. I just love shooting it.. I also have a factory 54MS that I have tried the best ammo made and it doesnt come close. Every once in a while I still hear of someone who buys an expensive 22 rifle and has trouble making it consistently group. I am sure that Tom has long since forgotten about this because he is so busy with his rugers.... But just wanted to thank him again for doing such a steller job. I havent been able to shoot much do to a medical problem, but I am hoping to start again this summer....
Thanks again my friend.
Mike Jensen
Michigan
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Still amazed

Post by CZforlife »

sounds nothing short of awesome!
Baby Huey