CCI ammo

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
speedy
B Poster
B Poster

CCI ammo

Post by speedy »

Anybody know where to find some CCI standard by the case?
Thanks, Steve
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: CCI ammo

Post by Dee »

Here ya go. About the best deal I can find these days and free shipping too.

http://www.shopdunns.com/products/2233/ ... 00rd_case/

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
speedy
B Poster
B Poster

Post by speedy »

Thanks Dee, thats what I was looking for
Steve
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

:-o Duns doesnt have anymore. How $259 shipped to my door?
http://targetsportsusa.com/p-884-cci-st ... ition.aspx
Baby Huey
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Yeah I just went to order some myself and noticed they were out of stock. The link you listed with free shipping is just as good really. I may order another case myself. Although Champions Choice has them for $245 a case and they didn't charge me shipping last time either.

Dee
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

I think they do charge shipping its just not on the order form. Look at your credit card statement. On the little purchases they dont, but I bought a half of SK and they did.
Baby Huey
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Oh the $20 charge was on there for shipping but it didn't get charged to my card. :)
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Thinking of grabbing a case of this for practice ammo for me and my daughter that shoots position rifle matches with 4H. Anyone done accuracy testing with this standard velocity stuff in the paper boxes? I have had issues in the past with CCI rounds being hard to chamber and would prefer to avoid that in the future.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Jason, all CCI SV ammo that me and my friends have tried the last few years have been hard to chamber on match rifles, probably OK on hunting rifles with factory chambers.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

I don't find it hard to chamber on my 1712 but I do find it rather sticky from the thick dry lube especially compared with the oily feeling I get from SK+. It makes it where you feel the round slide in a bit snug but it has not even hit the end so it is the wax I am feeling. When it gets to full forward the bolt closes with around the same effort as the SK as well. Nothing I am thinking twice about shooting.

It shoots well for the money I must say. This past couple weeks I used it at matches in some pretty stiff wind and manage a couple 31's and a 28/40s with a 18 or 19 I am trying to forget mixed in when the wind realllllllllllly blew. So it does shoot well cuz I still suck. I would shoot big matches with it but for the money hard to beat even out at the farther targets. I do find it drifts a little more than SK but nothing to major. You will get the occasional round where you know something just wasn't consistent too loud or too soft sounding with the resulting flier. I can't say this last lot has even had many of those all my misses were mine.

The thing it they make or used to make it at CCI and Federal in CCI SV paper box. One has the carrier that is flat plastic with holes and the other has 4 legs on the corner. Federals version came in the legged box with the Fed bullet. They both shoot good for me. For around the house practicing it is perfect for my budget.

Dee
Joaquin B
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Joaquin B »

You can find CCI Std. Vel. in bricks of 500 at Dick's Sporting Goods. They tend to stock it for a while, then it disappears (I get my grubby little hands on it...) and it may be a month or 6 weeks until they re-stock. At $25 per brick, it is a bargain, especially since my Rem 40X loves it and shoots 1 inch 10-shot groups at 100 meters with it. :)
Joaquin B
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

lone ringer wrote:Jason, all CCI SV ammo that me and my friends have tried the last few years have been hard to chamber on match rifles, probably OK on hunting rifles with factory chambers.
Does that include the CCI SV in the paper boxes, Tony? I've got some in the clear 100-round box here and it is indeed harder to chamber in my rebarreled 1712. I'm thinking of the paper boxes as practice for my daughter's 4H matches that shoots with the CZ 452 Varmint that I modified the stock and installed target sights on. If I happen to be able to use it in my 1712, that would just be a bonus.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Jason wrote:
lone ringer wrote:Jason, all CCI SV ammo that me and my friends have tried the last few years have been hard to chamber on match rifles, probably OK on hunting rifles with factory chambers.
Does that include the CCI SV in the paper boxes, Tony? I've got some in the clear 100-round box here and it is indeed harder to chamber in my rebarreled 1712. I'm thinking of the paper boxes as practice for my daughter's 4H matches that shoots with the CZ 452 Varmint that I modified the stock and installed target sights on. If I happen to be able to use it in my 1712, that would just be a bonus.
Jason, I have never used the CCI SV in the paper boxes.
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

Your daughters CZ will eat CCI just fine. I have to CZ's and they both shoot CCI well. When I practice I usally use CCI for the chickens and pig and the switch to the sk for turkeys and rams. SK just groups tighter for me at those distances. But for the chickens and pigs, I cant tell a difference.
Baby Huey
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Jetmugg »

Dunn's in Pevely, MO has the CCI std velocity for 22.99 a brick. I just bought some the other day, and they had PLENTY in stock.

SteveM.