Eley Target

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
jjp
AA Poster
AA Poster

Eley Target

Post by jjp »

My Eley Target was delivered this afternoon. I couldn't wait to get them. I had to mow all day, they are all I could think about.:D As soon as UPS dropped them off I had to go directly out back and test a box. I shot 10- 5 shot groups at 60 meters. My 1712 had just been cleaned and these are the first groups after me and my wife free floated the barrel. Looks like the free floating helped. I'm looking forward to a calm morning to shoot at 100 meters.

I shot these off of front and rear sand bags.
Here's my excuses- Mowed all day, over anxious, had to drink several beers for the over anxiousness. :D :D
I adjusted the scope a few times in between groups.

Smallest group .346"
Largest group .884"
Average .5962" 10- 5 shot groups 60 meters

JasonPeterson
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Eley Target

Post by BCloninger »

Looks about right. My 1712 likes Tenex only slightly better than Target, and for the money, guess which one I'd rather shoot?
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
jjp
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jjp »

I think it will work out fine for me. I like the way SK+ and wolf shoot, but they don't eject very well. So I decided I would try some of these. All the eleys eject alot better for me.

I might have to get some more if these shoot decent at Rams.
JasonPeterson
Hawk-1
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Hawk-1 »

What price did you get the case for? If it shoots good at 100m you are good to go. Let us know how it does. My wife and I both shoot the 1712s, thus my question. Thanks
jjp
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jjp »

I got it from Dan @ http://www.killoughshootingsports.com/. It shot an average of 1.23" at rams so far. That was 10 - 5 shot groups. It might shoot even better on a calm day. Plenty good enough for the price. $400 + shipping.
JasonPeterson
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Is the Eley Target real Eley ammo? I got some of the Eley Sport only to find out that it didn't shoot well at all and was really just cheap Aguila ammo. I might pick up a case of this in a couple months if I don't find a good deal on any of the Eley EPS ammo.
jjp
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jjp »

Jason wrote:Is the Eley Target real Eley ammo? I got some of the Eley Sport only to find out that it didn't shoot well at all and was really just cheap Aguila ammo. I might pick up a case of this in a couple months if I don't find a good deal on any of the Eley EPS ammo.
So far it's alot better than sport. I've been told it is real Eley. Someone else will have to confirm this for sure. I am happy with it so far.
JasonPeterson
hambone49
AAA Poster
AAA Poster
Location: In memory of Tbone, I moved into his house in Hollywood, Florida

Post by hambone49 »

Real Eley, though they used to call it something else. "Club" I think?
Michigan-shooter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Michigan-shooter »

Thanks for the heads up. I ordered a case on friday an should have it before our first match. Steve
SPRTN308
B Poster
B Poster

Post by SPRTN308 »

Hmm, it's my understanding the Eley replaced the target (yellow box) with "sport" (green box) in the product lineup for 2010. But not the sport you're thinking about. Up here (in Canada) Sport comes in a green box, and IS made in the UK. Sport seems to shoot pretty fantastic in my 452. You guys downsouth get a different sport in a purple box made in mexico I beleive. Some of the guys up here have brought it back with them before and it's definitely not the same as the green sport I bought back in the winter.

Club (orange box) is of a higher quality then the sport (green) however I notice no difference between the two in my 452, so, I've pretty much started running the sport all the way out to rams. If you believe what Eley says, they "tightened" up the quality on the Sport and Club products for 2010. I'd believe it based on the groups I'm getting out of my 452. Until I break into AAA there's no point in me replacing my 452.