FEDERAL ULTRA MATCH

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

FEDERAL ULTRA MATCH

Post by shakes »

Anybody out there in silly land managed to get there hands on some of the new Ultra Match ammuntion from Federal thats made by RWS?
"The bench proves the rifle, standing proves the man" Harry Pope. 6.5's for LIFE
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: FEDERAL ULTRA MATCH

Post by malinois »

I have seen a few adds but.....all say comming soon.....So RWS is making it...hum...Guess its not cost effective for ferdral to make.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

From what Ive heard its supposed to be $15.00 to $17.00 dollars for a box of 50. :-o
"The bench proves the rifle, standing proves the man" Harry Pope. 6.5's for LIFE
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

I haven't shot any but I have seen it around on the Internet. They have two new types, the new Ultra Match and Premium Match. The ultra is about 16 a box and the premium is around ten bucks a box. I might just have to try some.
durant7
A Poster
A Poster

Post by durant7 »

There is a discussion about it on rimfirecentral.

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/sh ... p?t=279000

Too exotic for hitting steel animals for my budget. Suspect the paper punchers will try anything even if it is $1,500/case.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

The Federal guy at the convention told me it would be about $20 per box. I guess we will have to wait and see if it is any good and if they continue to make it after a few years of poor sales.
K Danz
B Poster
B Poster

Post by K Danz »

I got a brick of the new 922A. ($100 for a brick of 500 at Chanpions Choice) I shot 3, 5 shot groups at 100 meters and the average was 1.1" from my Remington 541T. Eley Orange Club averages 1.25" from the same gun. I've tried Tenex EPS and Black Match EPS from the same gun and the best it will do is 2". I don't think the gun likes the funky shaped bullets of the EPS. Incidentaly I hunted with a Federal sales rep and he told me that indeed the ammo was being made by RWS.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

If RWS makes it, why not just buy RWS?
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Ditto what Jerry said, just buy RWS. Also at $1,000 a case it better be real good to justify that price. I think I'd just try RWS Target (At about $450 a case) and see how your rifle likes that. The Federal UM (with the dimple in the end of the case) was real good and I liked it alot but even as it's prices went out of sight, before they quit making it all together, I had switched to SK with just as good results.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)