ELEY Edge test lot results.

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: ELEY Edge test lot results.

Post by atomicbrh »

Just because a certain lot of ammo shoots small groups in a temperature and humidity controlled lab(like the Eley and Lapua facilities) does not mean it will group small in different outdoor conditions.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

atomicbrh wrote:Just because a certain lot of ammo shoots small groups in a temperature and humidity controlled lab(like the Eley and Lapua facilities) does not mean it will group small in different outdoor conditions.
Very true. SK /Wolf never shot well in the cold for me, but if the weather was warmer my groups would tighten up.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
dscak1
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dscak1 »

One of the things I found quite interesting when testing at the Lapua Center in Mesa earlier this year was lots that grouped consistently well at 50 meters did not necessarily do well at 100 meters. The best lot at 50 meters of the 8 tested was actually one of the worst at 100 meters. However, those lots that tested well at 100 meters also did well at 50 meters. Dan
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Dan, if you are in the area this winter, join us at 3 points the 3rd Sunday of every month. Meet me at the McDonnalds on Pinal in Casa Grande and ride over with me.