WTB: Rimfire Scope

Want to buy or want to sell.
steveyacht
B Poster
B Poster

WTB: Rimfire Scope

Post by steveyacht »

I am purchasing a CZ 452 American and would like to find a good, used scope. Prefer variable power with 1/2 or 5/8 MOA dot reticle. I am on a budget or would go out and get a Zeis or Swavorski. Ideally, I would like to have around $750 in the gun and the scope, so that currently leaves about $350 to $400 for a good quality scope.

I do have a couple of items for trade but they are totally not realated to Silhouette shooting.

1) M1 Carbine made by Quality Harware Co with a Underwood Typewriter Barrel marked 10-43. Refurished sometime between 1947 and 1958 at the Rock Island Armory. Does have the adjustable sights, bayonet lug and IS marked oiler. Has one 30 round magazine marked, "Made in USA" and two 15 round magazines marked, "U" that are brand new in the original brown oil paper as issued. Has reproduction sling, brand new. Shot is yesterday and it functions flawlessly.

2) French made 16 Gauge SxS Shotgun. Nothing fancy, just a great field gun that functions great, shoots great and will drop a pheasant, grouse, or partridge in a very effiecient manner. Good stuff. Figure it's worth around $300-400, if someone wants one. Pretty cheap for a European made Double.

3) Ruger Red Label 20 Gauge Engraved Over/Under. Silver colored reciever with gold inlays. Has interchageable choke tubes. Nearly Perfect condition. Has Kick Eez Pad on it but comes with the original Ruger pad. Very nice gun. Currently selling new for over $1,500. Will be asking around $1,250.

4) Winchester Model 61 .22 S, L, LR Pump. Great gun that shows little wear. Two down sides keep this from being a $1200 gun. a) Has been drilled and tapped for a scope. I have the Period Correct Weaver and mount for it. b) No rear iron sight. Actual worth? Somewhere around what a good used scope costs for my new CZ.

Feel free to ask any questions you wish.

Thanks Steve

910-232-3100
Steve
Just happy to be here
NRA Life Member
AMA Charter Life Member
US Army Veteran
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: WTB: Rimfire Scope

Post by dustinflint »

Steve, that Winchester Model 61 will make a great smallbore cowboy silhouette rifle. If you're just getting into silhouette shooting you will likely be introduced to cowboy silhouette soon and you may kick yourself for getting rid of such a nice rifle if you want to get into the cowboy game (which is just as much fun as shooting the scoped rifles) - just a thought.

Dustin
steveyacht
B Poster
B Poster

Post by steveyacht »

dustinflint wrote:Steve, that Winchester Model 61 will make a great smallbore cowboy silhouette rifle. If you're just getting into silhouette shooting you will likely be introduced to cowboy silhouette soon and you may kick yourself for getting rid of such a nice rifle if you want to get into the cowboy game (which is just as much fun as shooting the scoped rifles) - just a thought.

Dustin

Dustin, Never knew they had a cowboy silhouette category. Nice to know. I also have a Winchester model 62 as well as a Henry Lever in .22. I will keep your advice in mind though. Sounds like it could be fun.
Steve
Just happy to be here
NRA Life Member
AMA Charter Life Member
US Army Veteran
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Steve, sent you a pm. As for cowboy silhouette, they have it in pistol cartridge, 22 and also cowboy lever action. Great fun, larger targets, no scopes.
Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.