1923 Model 92 converted to a model 53...

Want to buy or want to sell.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

1923 Model 92 converted to a model 53...

Post by cedestech »

I need some space in the safe... bought as charity with dignity, have absolutely no use for it...

Shoots fine. Started life as a 1892 but somewhere along the line someone converted to a model 53 (barrel and buttstock). Has been reblued and the blueing is thin around the barrel end and middle. Hammer has been bobbed so that it doesn't cock when cycling, have to cycle then cock the hammer or cock the hammer and then cycle. $400 local, $450 shipped. 22" barrel.

Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
SSShooter
B Poster
B Poster

Re: 1923 Model 92 converted to a model 53...

Post by SSShooter »

Why don't you want us to know what cartridge it is chambered for? Is it a secret? :lol: Inquiring minds want to know................
Jim Mc
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Jim Mc »

SSShooter wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:00 pm Why don't you want us to know what cartridge it is chambered for? Is it a secret? :lol: Inquiring minds want to know................

what he said^^^ 25-20 is my guess??
SSShooter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by SSShooter »

From what we can see of the barrel markings you "may" be correct. But, always best to know for sure.

And, since we are asking........... what's the bore look like? Nice & clean, totally rotted or something in between. Details would help.

Thanks.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

25-20 I've seen and held the gun. Good bore. Looks like a 700.00 gun for 400.00.

Just my opinion.... :D
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Opps... 25-20, good bore.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
SSShooter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by SSShooter »

OK, I'll take it. I need a pistol caliber rifle for levergun silhouette.
Sent you an e-mail to the your Yahoo address.
Thanks.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

Sold.
SSShooter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by SSShooter »

Arrived in great condition and gunsmith was able to fix the hammer with a small amount of effort so cycles properly. Also, has a great trigger. Now I just need to re-stamp that barrel so its legal and I'm good to go. :lol: Seriously, while I'll compete with it, my abilities are such that no one will care that it is not "strictly legal" with an original barrel. The only time I'll win anything is when I'm the only one in my class.
Thank you, Emmett, for being a great & patient person to deal with. Could not be happier.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

There is no one who is going to question the barrel, it's a factory Winchester barrel and in the same chambering. Glad the rifle is acceptable and I have one less rifle to shuffle to get others out of the safe...

:D