Brass Question

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Brass Question

Post by Trent »

Thanks for the photos and range report Bob! Interesting that those PRVI and WW loads were so close to each other. I would have bet folding money that the PRVI would have hit higher than that.

That truck looks like that Bonner guy may have hit a few median dividers on the way out to CRC. :-?

Image of Bonner selling a used car to McAlice...

Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

....thanks Trent. Just got home from a central Utah camping trip. Soggy there, too. Came home early to the same. :roll: Heard a main road to CRC at a bridge got washed away from a flash flooded creek.

Yeah, I do look a little like Aaahhnold. 8) Grizz told me that hunk of junk had a dead battery and was dead in the water Friday when he tried using it. I should have known better buying it. No warranty, no CARFAX, dropped muffler and electrical problem...a lemon for sure. He said it was only drove on Sundays..... one smooth talking SOB. :evil: I may sue for the $400.00 we paid for it. :( I will talk with Mr.Pabst for advise.

Yep, I think I made a good purchase on the 400 PRVI cases. Next I will do a torture test on 20. Got them stoked with 44.0 grs. I4064 and a 120 gr. Hornady VMAX. We will see how long they last compared to WW.
DennisC
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DennisC »

Jerry G wrote:Dennis, Don't go to CRC. It is 50 miles from nowhere. :ymdevil: =))

There is a lot of HP shot in southern AZ. :-bd
On a more serious note....could you, you all, you'uns, you people, yall, (what ever is appropriate in your locale), recommend any towns or cities in southern AZ where an aging physical therapist assistant might be at home. Got to work till I drop...but having a rifle range with regular HP matches; Silhouette, 600 prone, etc. AND available open membership is a mandatory requirement this time. Edited to say....in reasonably close proximity, as in 'second home'
Thanks Dennis
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

DennisC wrote:
Jerry G wrote:Dennis, Don't go to CRC. It is 50 miles from nowhere. :ymdevil: =))

There is a lot of HP shot in southern AZ. :-bd
On a more serious note....could you, you all, you'uns, you people, yall, (what ever is appropriate in your locale), recommend any towns or cities in southern AZ where an aging physical therapist assistant might be at home. Got to work till I drop...but having a rifle range with regular HP matches; Silhouette, 600 prone, etc. AND available open membership is a mandatory requirement this time. Edited to say....in reasonably close proximity, as in 'second home'
Thanks Dennis
Dennis, PHX or close by is your best bet with the most ranges and shooting year round. Memberships available at Rio Salado and PHX Rod and Gun and at Ben Avery you pay for the matches you shoot.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
xpilot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by xpilot »

""On a more serious note....could you, you all, you'uns, you people, yall, (what ever is appropriate in your locale), recommend any towns or cities in southern AZ where an aging physical therapist assistant might be at home. Got to work till I drop...but having a rifle range with regular HP matches; Silhouette, 600 prone, etc. AND available open membership is a mandatory requirement this time. Edited to say....in reasonably close proximity, as in 'second home'
Thanks Dennis"""

Dennis, I second Bob. The Phoenix/Mesa area offers many many matches ea month. HP/ SB silhouette , XTC, SB & HP prone, plus Pistol, air rifle, trap, sporting clays, etc etc...
Rio Salado offers memberships for $100./year.
DennisC
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DennisC »

Thx to you both, Rio Salado looks like a little less 'supervised' and a little more affordable....Ben Avery?? web site not clear and I've only shot Nats out there couple of times.
Greater Phoenix area is huge ! Any more desirable areas to look, as far as affordable housing, etc? Or better yet...any areas to stay clear of?
xpilot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by xpilot »

Dennis, PM sent............Jim
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

DennisC wrote:Thx to you both, Rio Salado looks like a little less 'supervised' and a little more affordable....Ben Avery?? web site not clear and I've only shot Nats out there couple of times.
Greater Phoenix area is huge ! Any more desirable areas to look, as far as affordable housing, etc? Or better yet...any areas to stay clear of?
You don't join Ben Avery, each user group has it's own match fees and usually $6 of the fee goes to Ben Avery. After you shoot with some of the groups you can usually get a "Yellow Card' signed by the Group leader or designee which allows you to use that range and just stop by the office and pay the $7 daily use fee.

Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

The wind always blows at Rio Salado. It is in a saddle in the mountains. If you live in the East Valley area of PHX you can shoot Ben Avery, Rio Salado, and Three Points. All within 80 miles. Best HP at Ben Avery and best SB at Three Points. If you live too close to Ben Avery you have to put up with Bob all the time. Not Good!!! :ymdevil: =))

Three Points is west of Tucson about 25 miles but if you are coming down from the NW there are some short cuts to get there. Remember what I said about Bob. ^#(^
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Jerry G wrote:The wind always blows at Rio Salado. It is in a saddle in the mountains. If you live in the East Valley area of PHX you can shoot Ben Avery, Rio Salado, and Three Points. All within 80 miles. Best HP at Ben Avery and best SB at Three Points. If you live too close to Ben Avery you have to put up with Bob all the time. Not Good!!! :ymdevil: =))

Three Points is west of Tucson about 25 miles but if you are coming down from the NW there are some short cuts to get there. Remember what I said about Bob. ^#(^
=)) Funny Jerry, what have you done headed north already, Didn't see you at either of the State matches, rough with no one to pick on.

Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I had to help run a 3 day match up here in MT the same weekend as the SB at 3 point. We got just about 4 inches of rain that weekend and I spent all 3 days up on the hill being an RO. Froze my little ass off but I still have the damn beer belly. =))
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Have to go with Grenz about 259, definitely some suffering the closer you get. As far as shooting goes First Sunday HP in Tucson (usually take summer months off), certain months that I have the first Sunday off, SB in Globe, Lever Action in Mesa. Second Sunday HP at Ben Avery, Saturday before the third Sunday SB in Mesa, third Sunday HP in Mesa, fourth Sunday SB at Ben Avery. There are a couple of lever gun matches also in there somewhere just not sure which Sunday or Saturday.
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Lever gun at Ben Avery is third Saturday of the month

DennisC
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DennisC »

you guys are spoiled out there....
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

You know Dennis, life is rough but............ we do know where the shooting is. :ymdevil: