TC Dimension 7-08 question

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
joemo
B Poster
B Poster

TC Dimension 7-08 question

Post by joemo »

Would a Thompson Center Dimension in 7-08 be a decent entry level gun? I have never seen one in person, but it looks like it would be an easy gun to shoot offhand. The reviews that I have read say it is accurate and the trigger is adjustable. Anybody know anything about these?
yankee
A Poster
A Poster

Re: TC Dimension 7-08 question

Post by yankee »

I purchased one about 1 1/2 years ago in 7mm 08. 777 shots down the barrel now. Yes, to me it feels very comfortable shooting off hand. It has a high comb that is easy to set your cheek on. The trigger is adjustable and with a couple swipes on a stone it is very good 2 lb. I believe the weight with a 24x Leupold was about 8 1/2 lbs. I did lengthen the stock 3/8 inches. I did bed the rifle under the front and rear screw to relieve tension on the action from the stock. It shoots very good, a minute of angle out to 500m. In a match situation my rifle shoots good the first 5 shots. For the second 5 shots a minute or so later the barrel started heating up and moving and putting the shots about a minute of angle high. If in a 60 shot match when you are shooting 15 shots in 10 minutes or so it moves some more. It seemed to like a clean barrel as the groups would start to open up as the barrel got fouled at 35 to 40 rounds.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

joemo, as long as the price is right and it makes you happy to own it there is no wrong gun for this sport. :D
It also has to comply to the rule book which it looks like it will. Even if it doesn't their only inspected at the Nationals.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
joemo
B Poster
B Poster

Post by joemo »

Thanks for the feedback. I would give it more consideration if I could actually see one. I am also considering a Tikka T3 Forest because I would rather have a wood stock.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Go with the plastic stock. They are so much more stable.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Plastic! PLASTIC!! 8-}
Life's to short to shot an ugly gun!
All kidding aside always buy what ya like and like what ya buy.
Even if its...its...PLASTIC! #-o ^#(^
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member