162 AMAX available Midway

Post by DennisC »

Got email today of availability for those still shooting that obsolete 7mm
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: 162 AMAX available Midway

Post by malinois »

Were available !!! They must only get a box or two...because just like that poof they were gone.
DennisC
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DennisC »

Wow...e-mail came in at 8:00pm..above post about 9pm......GONE!! This is ridiculous
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

Amazing that they get snapped up that quick...did't even get a chance to whip the card out of my wallet....
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Get those obsolete 7mm bullets while you still can. :)

I have one box left from four marked "seconds" I got from the Hornady store. About $14.00 ea. They appear as top quality bullets, no blemishes at all. They group around one inch...at turkeys... from an all stock 700 stainless 7-08. At St.Louis they had a steel pop up prairie dog set up at rams. I fired about twenty of these bullets at it and hit several times...offhand. Bonner, Beckley and me had a hot streak going and hit that thing often.
DennisC
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DennisC »

Yeah Bob...I got about 150 of the Amax left and about 130 of the 168MK ..figure if i ration to no more than 5 sighters per match ...should last me awhile.
We could always switch to one of those little 6.5 varieties>> :-o
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

Naah..I will stick with my little 7br. Its good on powder but I am like you, I am down to a few hundred heavies. 1or 3 shots to check zeros and thats it till supplies come in....Guess I can cast a few if needed with my small case should work out well.
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

If a guy had a rifle built in each caliber, 6mm, 25, 6.5 and 7mm you should be able to find bullets for ONE of them at any given time!
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
Szumi
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Szumi »

Has anyone had good luck with the Nosler Custom competition 168g 7mm bullets? I'd have loved to have got some of the 162g AMAX but I was too slow.
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

I've shot the 22 caliber ones which are very accurate, Nosler makes good bullets in general, can't imagine that the 7mm would be any different. The only downside is that they are expensive.
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
Grizz61
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Grizz61 »

I have been shooting the 140 Grain 6.5 mm for ram loads out of my 260 all year. With really goo success, except for 2 Rams at Nationals. Not blaming the bullets just stating facts, solid hits left standing, but not by much. I have found them affordable and accurate. Will actually be switching to them across the course next year and making a new Ram load out of 142 SMK.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Grizz
Grizz

Let's shoot some STEEL!!
whale
A Poster
A Poster

Post by whale »

Szumi,
My friend's 7mm Rem Mag shoots Nosler's 168gr Comp bullets very well. I was going to try a box in my 7mm-08, but the local store was out of them. Instead I purchased their AccuBond Long Range 168gr Spitzer. Wow it shoots very well too. Also, has a G1 BC of 0.672. Hope this helps. Also, Able Ammo in Texas has the Hornady 162gr Amax in stock.
Whale
DennisC
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DennisC »

Well, text alert last night 11:05pm...midway has received shipment .284 AMAx. Get to work, slip off, load up computer, GONE!! no backorder..expected shipment 10/31. I guess when marketing calls we must arise at any hour of the night, credit card in hand. ^:)^
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

LOl I kinda expected that dennis thats why I took the notification off my midway acccount....If i see em in the store i will buy some..this is just crazy....know what i mean. on the other hand I can go see whale he's got plenty of em hahah... I just will load and shoot what i can find til this madness is over, if i have to shoot 100 grainers thats what i'll shoot...I just want to sling some lead dosent matter what it is.
DennisC
B Poster
B Poster

Post by DennisC »

About out of primers now...went into local shop that carries few loading supplies and see if by chance there's any LR primers...man reaches under counter pulls out a brick, we got one of these....Fed 210M...$53.00...you want em? ah ...yeah I do.