Where's all the bullets?

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Where's all the bullets?

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Three weeks ago at HP Nationals I won a nice door prize, a Sierra certificate for 500 bullets of my choice. I chose the 7mm 150gr. Matchkings. I called this morning checking shipping status and was told they were out of stock, none. I offer another choice either 130 or 168 MK's.....also none. Well, how about 140gr. gamekings? The kind lady on the Sierra phone told me all they had in stock in 7mm.... in the whole plant...was 100gr 7mm hollow points! WOW, I thought they were making progress catching up with demand. No idea on how far down the road stock will be replenished.

Lets try plan B.

Any .30 cal. MK's ?...nope. :shock: How about .30 cal. 180gr. gameking BT's? YES...we have them. OK, send me 500 of those please. They are on the way. I will now have to find more I4350 to send them out of my M70 .30-06. I love shooting that rifle off hand.
High Speed
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Where's all the bullets?

Post by High Speed »

There's a skunk in the out house some place. This isn't day one. It's not only loaded ammo and components, it's just about anything associated with the shooting sports. All for shotgun. Seems to be plenty of shotgun ammo. Dies, presses you name it, out of stock. My answer,very few manufactures actually make anything in country. Most everything is made in crap, (china) and various other places. Until lefties pen is stopped from riding again, I don't see much hope and change.
Stay Safe
Mark
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

Maybe you could have traded it for 1000 bullets from the "2nds" barrels. Maybe they have some of those in 7mm.
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

There is no excuse for not having any bullets available...I am very tired of all the bs from these manufacturers....I agree there is something not right.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I stiil think the guberment is buying all the stuff and creating the shortage. Horders couldn't possibly make the drought last this long.

I finaly found a can of shotgun/pistol powder so I can hunt doves this fall. Some new stuff called Promo that is supost to be just like Red Dot. There is always some BM50 stuff on the shelf.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Shotgun shells are the only thing that hasn't ever gone out of stock around here.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

About 8 to 10 of those bullet certificates were passed out that day. Great prizes for sure. Going to be a few disappointed folks looking for their favorite pills. :(

Trent, the Sierra store will be pillaged this Friday by us CO guys heading to Snakes HP regional. Bonner installed some helper springs on his mini van. :D
yankee
A Poster
A Poster

Post by yankee »

Bullets: I know it is really a problem trying to find what your gun likes or even to try something different. All the bullet manufactures I have talked to are running full out. Doing good business practice they are making the bullets that they have the largest number of back orders for. That saves switching the machines every couple days.
Stopped in the local Scheels store the other day. Imr powder was 189 for 8 lbs 6 weeks ago and new price is 219. One pounders went from 27 to 31. hope they eat it.
Yes I have one of those certificates. Maybe I will get a nice Christmas present.
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by ter »

Register and vote in the next election. We need to embrace the Constitution. Certainly the root of the shortage is political.
Pete
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Pete »

Bob, you are shooting the wrong cal. I sent my certificate in for 6.5, 142 VLD's and had them in 8 days.
Pete
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

I just got some 7mm 120 Nosler ballistic tips....and some 150 Gamekings. There are folks out there buying everything and reselling at a profit...they show up at gun shows hustling. Its the new cottage industry :-o
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

We ALL know the goo roo is shooting the wrong stuff. :ymdevil: :-bd
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Wrong diameter? I think not. :) I have a comfortable supply of MK's but you can't have enough....can you? :D Bonner is still owed a bunch of 6.5's from last year, maybe he will get them soon.

I just got home from a few hours of "pre HP regional practice", fired 100 rds. of that 140gr. reject bullet with I4064 out of two rifles. Shot well in between swatting mosquitoes. Got a bumper crop going there from all the rain. :x

Chad, Midsouth had IMR4320 in stock last week at $153.10 per 8lbs. With hazmat and shipping charges it came to $347.00 for the two cans. I have had great results with it in the 7-08 in the past, much like Varget, the 4895's, 4064 and the like.
yankee
A Poster
A Poster

Post by yankee »

Thanks I used to shoot a bit of 4320. Like you say it is right in there with varget and 4064. The 4064 is a bit denser and fills the case a bit more and it seems less temperature sensitive that 4320. Meaning that 4064 groups good at 10, 40 and 90 degrees. A bit different elevation but groups.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »