6.5 Creedmoor?

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: 6.5 Creedmoor?

Post by Jerry G »

Must be nation wide. They had the same offer in Missoula.
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

Just my opinion but I don't think Asians or Orientals make very good guns in general, for the most part there illegal to own in those countries so they have no vested interest in them like the Americans or Europeans. Now when it comes to electronics that's an entirely different matter......
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

I'm glad to see we've returned to a discussion about firearms - well sort of.

M
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

A friend of mine has a 6.5 Creedmoore in a tika. He thinks it is a great gun. I hope he doesn't go anywhere where it is hot to shoot. He is burning RL 15.
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

Guys, it is Creedmoor... not Creedmore.

I shoot both 7mm-08 and 6.5 Creedmoor. They both work fantastic. The 6.5 Creedmoor has the advantage of being able to run lighter bullets and generally speaking (GENERALLY!!) will be more accurate. It is exceptionally easy to load for silhouette and likes a broad range of bullets. There are a TON of bullet choices.

They Ruger American in 6.5 Creed is new to the market, but Ruger would have to do something pretty bad for them to mess up the inherent accuracy of the cartridge. By and large the reviews of the centerfire Americans are very good. It seems that it is a great value. You won't find much info here on SC but Google searches will find you plenty of reviews.

The cartridge though is MORE than capable and I might just say that is is possibly the PERFECT cartridge for silhouette. (I have two of them, one factory and one custom)
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

So I put an extra 'e' on the end................. I'll stick with my 6.5x47 Lapua. With very little effort you can make the brass from a 250 case.
Bigfoot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Bigfoot »

If I wasn't so enamored with my little 260 bobcat this would be the cartridge that I'd be shooting. Great balistics and when the gang and I stopped at 3 forks reloading supply in Cle Elum this week they had box after box of unprimed brass from Hornady.

I think we're really lucky that there are still new dogs being trotted out that will work for this sport.

:ymcowboy:

Jerry, I didn't get a chance to say bye on Sunday. It was great seeing you as always over Montana way!
Res ipsa loquitur
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

And that Hornady Creedmoor brass has proven to be on par with Lapua for consistency. Nosler is also making Creedmoor brass but it is spendy. The consistency of that brass is exceptional.
racersteve
Unclassified Poster

Post by racersteve »

Have been using a Savage in 6.5 creedmoor for my first year with no complaints. Just wish it had a 24" tube instead of 22".
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Picked up a Tikka on sale at the Sportsmans while they were on sale in a 7mm mag, shot it today and just like any other Tikka, shot great right out of the box, there was a plate turned sideways at the 500m berm, my bud bet lunch that I couldn't hit it in 2 hits, hit it twice and then went for chile rellanos on him.
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.