Re: 260 rem

Post by trx498r »

found 8lb of 4064 today for $162 :-bd
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

That's a good price, should get you about 1500 shots. I paid 190. each for mine all costs included.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I talked to the mgr of the schiels rifle dept and he said the powder problem is going to get worse before it gets better. Powder is going into mfg rounds first.
boats
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by boats »

My advice is to look at one of the Internet "relative quickness" charts. They are not precise but do give good indications of possible powder substitutions. Varget's burn rate is very similar to a number of other powders. Get something you have never used before back off and work back up checking for pressure.

I went gun shop shopping for 12G shotgun powders after all the Hodgon Clays types were out of stock. Card in my pocket with relative quickness powders around my usual powder. Came home with 2 8 lb jugs of Red Dot that is working just as well as my old recipe.

We had the ability to be powder specific just like we used to pick certain gasoline brands. Now it's buy what you can get. Long as you don't put diesel in a gas tank it's OK. Powders no different it's just fuel. Long as it burns right and is safe it's good to go.

Boats

Boats