Where are the matches

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Where are the matches

Post by malinois »

Cool, too bad we can't nag the hell out of malibar to run matches again or Orlando to let the high power rifles shoot there too. I think they shoot a reduced BPCR match out to 300 meters still short but better than nothing. I hear there is a nice range out in mayaka that goes out to 1000 yds...would love to see some one from the west coast chime in on that place.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Nice guy on the west coast but a military rifle shooter..doubt we would ever be able to talk him into silly there.time to go west and take the dogs so we can have lots of puppies!!!

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Gator
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Gator »

malinois wrote:Cool, too bad we can't nag the hell out of malibar to run matches again
Can't do it at Malabar. Be shut down in a day. We shut it down in '87 due to the high number of ricochets off these targets. Catch an edge and it is gone a mile or two. I know the feeling 'cause I was running them when we shut it down. That was before the range was surrounded by houses. Orlando will have the same problem with the road and other structures downrange of their targets. Takes a lot of space. Riverbend Gun Club in Dawsonville Georgia is building a range as we speak.

Gator
Last edited by Gator on Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Hey even trying to get Brunswick up and going on the long range stuff would be good.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

Yeah....Brunswick is a nice range and only a 7 hour drive or less so I can probably make it for a day shoot. Mary I spoke to Mandy about your Shepard and she is excited about puppies. Irwin von Rommel will make a nice daddy lol. He is a real lover sitting right next to me right now on the couch. Colorado is a beautiful state have been there many times...now I have just one more excuse to get out there.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Malinois, the St. Louis regional is scheduled for August 22 & 23 this year. I have been to it a couple of times.....great match. It is over 800 miles closer to you than our match is. I plan on going again this year. Plus it has something we dont have......humidity...big time. One day last year you could not see rams with the naked eye till the sun was up for a while. You would be right at home in this enviorment. I dont remember ever having to touch the windage knob there.

And the best part....it's a 120 shot match...both guns. 8)

You better get to loading more ammo.

http://www.shootingstl.com/home.htm
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

Lol....thats what you do in the hotel at nite....reload reload reload....hum...I will see which dates I can get. Just a few more years and it wont matter, thats if they dont get the guns first....its hard to find the ammo now ! and that online stuff is criminal.