Where are the matches

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Where are the matches

Post by malinois »

Looking to shoot a high power silhouette match later this year and looks like I will have to travel since we dont shoot high power here in Florida and the local ranges that did no longer do it...big bummer. Who out there is holding a match at the full distance say in the south no further north of north Carolina or west of Alabama or in other words that I can reach in a days drive...tuff one from South Florida. I would fly but it seems it 3 to 4 houndred to go anywhere.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Where are the matches

Post by Bob259 »

malinois wrote:Looking to shoot a high power silhouette match later this year and looks like I will have to travel since we dont shoot high power here in Florida and the local ranges that did no longer do it...big bummer. Who out there is holding a match at the full distance say in the south no further north of north Carolina or west of Alabama or in other words that I can reach in a days drive...tuff one from South Florida. I would fly but it seems it 3 to 4 houndred to go anywhere.

You'll just have to do what Carlos did and move up by Ridgeway ;)
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Or move to California (not as bid a problem for you like it is most of the rest of usk, as you already live in south FLA). I was talking to Jim Atherton this weekend and he was telling me about being able to shoot highpower silhouette pretty much every weekend of the month, all within easy driving distance.
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

I plan on leaving but still have a few more years before I retire. Looks like I will have to fly to one later in the year...could not get the time for the nationals....Tucson, Ben Avery and Roswell...look like possible destinations. We have a range at Malibar that has the distance and the animals but with all the politics over there their matches have been shut down for years I know all this sounds familiar to a few of you.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

malinois wrote:I plan on leaving but still have a few more years before I retire. Looks like I will have to fly to one later in the year...could not get the time for the nationals....Tucson, Ben Avery and Roswell...look like possible destinations. We have a range at Malibar that has the distance and the animals but with all the politics over there their matches have been shut down for years I know all this sounds familiar to a few of you.
Understand, his I'd like to be in Phoenix, or that general area, my Mom (who turns 98 tomorrow) will not move so until things change I'll be here. Fornuately with my job I can work remote from anywhere, but thenwe'd lose the wife's paycheck if we moved, so guess I'll be here a little longer then I'd like too.
Jason wrote:Or move to California (not as bid a problem for you like it is most of the rest of usk, as you already live in south FLA). I was talking to Jim Atherton this weekend and he was telling me about being able to shoot highpower silhouette pretty much every weekend of the month, all within easy driving distance.
Jason then I'd have to retire just to reload... but then again I'd need to work to buy components ;)

Someone was saying this weekend they heard of Primers going for $100 a 1,000 at one of the shows... this is getting crazy. I've been unable to find CCI primers since last year.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Yeah, primers are getting crazy hard to find now. In the scramble to get ready to shoot a match with my new highpower rifle, I realized that I had less than 100 large rifle primers left. No shop within 100 miles had any any none of the seven online retailers that I checked had large rifle primers or any kind at any price. Luckily, Gary Malberg took pity on me and gave me some to get me started. :)
Gator
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Gator »

A

We ran a reduced match on paper last weekend in Chattanooga and at least got to shoot some high-power at 200 and 300. Rainy, windy and cold but one has to endure this in order to satisfy one’s cravings. Common sense has nothing to do with deciding good shooting conditions. Look at the cross the course shooters. The wetter and more miserable conditions, the better.

Several of us from the North Georgia, North Carolina area are planning to shoot the Sierra Classic in Ridgeway the weekend of 20 June. Shot several of these and guarantee the Ridgeway bunch will make you feel welcome and run a smooth and enjoyable match. I plan 2 trips this year to include this one and the State in September. Come on up and flee that hot, sticky, wet foreign country you are in. Come on up to God's second choice after North Georgia. No grits but plenty of home-fried potatoes with onions and peppers.

Bring Innocent with you.

Bob259 – see ya in Ridgway?

C ya
Gator
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

I know the Ridgeway bunch well and thier nice range....shame we dont have one down our way but the local population will not support that kind of set up. They are to busy shooting each other up with AK47's...sound familiar huh. Ridgeway is a day in a half drive so looks like I am flying if I can make it out that way. Glad to see old Carlos is up there say hello to the old WO5 for me.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

This is where all the primers seem to have ended up. Twelve pages of classic hoarding and gouging.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Search ... 2&Items=50

These people are no better than those Somali pirates. :ar!
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

Hay Bob..where in Colorado will you be hosting your State Championships and can shooters from another country like Florida attend.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

We only shoot HP at the Colorado Rifle Club north east of Byers, Co. It is about 60 miles east of Denver off I-70. Colorado has four other clubs set up for long range silhouette. Watkins, Durango, Rifle, and Whitewater near Grand Junction. These ranges mostly host black powder silhouette matches. For the last few years we have held our state match the weekend after Labor Day. This date is working good for us as most of the more popular matches around the country are over with, and the weather is usually nice that time of year. Our turnouts are light, 12 to 15 shooters both guns, but we have fun. September 12th & 13th this year.

No problem you coming from Florida. Mary has been here a few times, she said she will vouch for your character.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

she said she will vouch for your character
I'll vouch that he is a character, for sure!...I've known Malinios longer than my brat's been around and he plays a mean game of chess, until you get enough Nassau Royale in him.
Ahmed...Colorado is a great state to shoot in, always had fun there and it is a bit different from that part of northern Havana that you are in.

Innocent M
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

Thank you Mary I know I can always count on you to put in a good word for me ! Now to get everything in motion and find primers and powder, say that online auction...outragous to say the least....We only keep it going by pay those crazy prices..seen it before huh....remenber those 125 dollar glock magazines.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Bob Mc Alice wrote:..........These people are no better than those Somali pirates. :ar!

I have a few other choice words for them Bob..... We need the Webmaster to add more Smiles to correctly show our toughts
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

259...we would have to go BTB to get those smiles inthe right places.

Malinios...will put in a good word for you anytime, I hear there will an HP in St Louis in Sept.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.