practice swingers

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

practice swingers

Post by malinois »

Question.....who is making nice practice swingers for bigbore these days..small bore are everywhere but the big stuff is hard to find. Any ideas where to find these rascals.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: practice swingers

Post by Bob259 »

malinois wrote:Question.....who is making nice practice swingers for bigbore these days..small bore are everywhere but the big stuff is hard to find. Any ideas where to find these rascals.
The only place I knew of was 'Target Silhouettes' whom seem to have gone out of business or just folded their web site when we were looking the other day for some.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

Neither one of the ranges here in Colorado have actual animal swinger targets, instead we rely on square or round plates to sight in on from the bench. I have made many of these for myself and for different clubs. Scrap steel yards end up with coupons from various manufacturing processes that can be purchased very inexpensively. My favorite highpower target is a 10"-12"x 1" circular target. Drill two 3/8 holes 4" apart near the top. The ideal hanging material is conveyor belt cut into 3" strips. Most gravel pits have piles of old belt laying around free for the taking. Cut it into strips 3"x 12", drill 1/2 holes in each end and fold in half, attach on the backside of plate. This makes the plate hang with the bottom slightly away from you when looking directly at it, hits are deflected harmlessly into the ground. If your club has no hanging fixtures I have used realtor signs,"remove the sign itself, use the frame". Don't ask where to get these, use your imagination, Just kidding! When realtors change companies they don't repaint those signs that have there name on them, they throw them in the dumpsters at construction sights.
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Try this link for Target Silhouettes. They are located in Williamsport, Pa.

Al

http://www.targetsilhouettes.com/
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

cslcAl wrote:Try this link for Target Silhouettes. They are located in Williamsport, Pa.

Al

http://www.targetsilhouettes.com/
Thanks Al... that was the one, good to know it's working again, as it was off line a few weeks ago when I gave it to a fellow at the club. Must be they paid their URL fee.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Correction there Kevin....we do have a full set of HP swingers and an extra chicken and pig we have been using this winter alot. They are mounted on frames that Bill S. welded up for us. They are locked up in the large storage container near the out house. They are locked up so the general membership does not tear them up.
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

I stand corrected Bob, I didn't remember seeing them at the matches last year, does Golden gun club have swingers? Check out the prices on those swinger targets, 846.00 + shipping!
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

Bob
Make certain you bring your wind speed control switch for the match on sunday. We don't need any of that 15-20 mph wind we have had all week!
deadeyeky
A Poster
A Poster

Post by deadeyeky »

i would suggest asking the club if you could borrow a HP animal and take it to a local shop and have them make you one. I made a few HP swingers for our club, go with AR plate and not mild steel unless you dnt mind seeing it get shot full of holes. it might be cheaper to have someone Cut out and weld on a bar, rather than order a premade one...
I do my best not to think i know it all, but i do know i know half of what i think i know now, so if i mess something up, cant i get an alibi?
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

That's a great idea what with the depressed economy, labor prices going down. If you could find a bargain on the steel, having them made locally could make it much less expensive the buying premade out of state.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Malinois.....If you are shooting HP nationals, let me know. I will toss a beat up...er, shot up...er, well used ram in the back of the truck for you to take home to Florida. You look like a big enough dude to just call it carry on baggage. :)
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

McAlice, Malinois is big enough to carry a HP ram home....now the airlines might think otherwise of the fit under the seat requirements. So the moral here is careful who you pick on I might teach him some chess tricks and add Don's expertise and you are lost. :roll:

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Mary! You play chess?! Something else you can whup me at!
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

BB,
used to play a wee tad of cribbage in my wild and crazy youth also.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

No cribbage Mary, but I was pretty good at chess at kinda miss it now - guess it competes poorly with computer games.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ