Savage Silhouette Stock

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Minuteman
Unclassified Poster

Savage Silhouette Stock

Post by Minuteman »

My dad has a left handed 110 in 7-08. It shoots real well, but the stock he has it in is horrid.

Does anyone make a lefthanded Savage 110 silhouette stock?

Thanks,
Minuteman
deadeyeky
A Poster
A Poster

Post by deadeyeky »

hey hey, another savage 110 in a lefty's hands, YAY,

uhm ramline makes a pretty cheap $80 synthetic model, and thats all i have found for a lefty version, uhm try mark pharr, he semi inletted a lefty nesika bay stock he had lying around, if you wanted him to do the full inletting you would prolly hafta send him the rifle with you LOP specs...
may i ask if its a 110dl series k?
I do my best not to think i know it all, but i do know i know half of what i think i know now, so if i mess something up, cant i get an alibi?
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by sobrbiker883 »

Gotta watch the weight on them Savages. Big receiver gets heavy quick.

Stockade makes nice Savage stuff.
Usually shooting scores right in class, too bad its the class below my classification!

Steve E
yankee
A Poster
A Poster

Post by yankee »

Horrid stock. Does that mean the way it fits or the way it looks. Replacement savage stocks can be had from Savage or Gun Parts Inc. If you are wanting a silhouette type stock use what you have and cut, whittle add wood and sand the way you would like it to be. It is nice to have the original in tact incase you really goof something up. Most silhouette type or shaped stocks are made for the short actions so that could be a problem but only and inch or so. Savage made a 110S model in the early 80's. These were right handed rifles ( all I saw anyway) but the stock was equal on the left and right side so could be used by either a right or left handed shooter with equal comfort. I haven't seen one of these rifles in a few years. Get creative and have fun.
savagefan
B Poster
B Poster

Post by savagefan »

http://www.sharpshootersupply.com/ I bought the Monte Carlo sporter from these folks, it fits me real well. I will be using it for hunter class and hunting deer and antelope. Fred Moreo the proprietor is THE Savage guru, I'm sure either he or wifey can fix you up right. It looks nice with a little Tung oil on it. Image
Gophers are evil.
Minuteman
Unclassified Poster

Post by Minuteman »

Thanks for all the replies!

Minuteman