the highpower gods.........

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

the highpower gods.........

Post by shakes »

must have been looking out for me this past weekend. I've been hooked on the highpower game since late last year, and found a great .260 built by the infamous Mr. Marvin. Recently I have been looking for a donor 700 action to build a standard gun up, been looking at the gun shows and pawn brokers for something but even the beaters are still 500 and up. This last smallbore match one of our fellow shooters named Dave Imas had put a rifle on the for sale table, I thought I'd walk over and check it out. Picked it up turned her over, 700 action with a custom stainless barrel in you quessed it .260. A older McMillian stock that has seen a couple of rough days and a jewel single stage trigger. Now your asking yourself how much is that doggy in the window? are you sitting down? good!! $500 :shock: without the trigger, no its not a typo. Needless to say the rifle now a new home. Thanks for showing up and bringing the rifle Mr. Imas. :wink:
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

$500 dollars ?....and no trigger? :shock: Why ....thats like buying a used car without a steering wheel. Matt, you better sell me that one. I got a good stock trigger to stuff in it. You should take my $500 and continue to search for a better deal. :lol:
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

McAlice, you have a stock trigger laying around??? I figured you would have at least one or two custom triggers of some type sitting around waiting to be installed in your next rifle.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

it had a jewel trigger but call me crazy I dont like them. With the trigger it would have been 700 and I'm going to put a Jackson in it anyway. Let me get your address and I'll send you the gun Bob. HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Mary, I not only have the trigger, I also have an extra action screw. This is almost enough justification to start scrounging up parts for another build.

OK....Shakes..your crazy.

Congrats on the find, show us some pictures of that triggerless 700 when you get time.
Last edited by Bob Mc Alice on Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Let me get your address and I'll send you the gun Bob
Shakes, Don't worry about McAlice's address, I'll pick it up for him when I come out for Pe Ell...I'll probably have to be in CO in Sept/Oct again, so I can take it out to him then. By then I;ll have had a chance to break it in for him:lol:

Bob, sounds to me like you have a winter project started...now all you need is some more parts.

Innocent

shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

Mary make sure you bring a well padded gun case, to put Bob in. Must be the altitude in Co. that effects their reasoning :lol:
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Shakes,
It's not the altitude...it's too much powder inhaling.

Innocent

Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Innocent wrote:Shakes,
It's not the altitude...it's too much powder inhaling.

Innocent
Nothing worse then inhaling bad powder.... :wink:
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

You can't inhale too much burnt powder. I am partial to the Eley smell.