NO POWDER.........

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

NO POWDER.........

Post by shakes »

ANYWHERE!!!!!!!. I cant beleive it, I cant find any powder anywhere. No Varget, No Reloader 19, nothing. The damm shops keep telling me it will be in next week, that was last month. Anybody have any secrect powder sources they are willing to share :D or have a substitute for either of the powders.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Powder

Post by Jim Beckley »

The last time I was in Bruno's a couple of weeks ago, they just got a shipment from someone! www.powdervalleyinc.com usually has what you want! The down side is shipping and hazmat.
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

thanks Jim. Me thinks me might have found some to get me by for the first shoot. Last place I called, little hole in the wall shop. Those are the ones that you usually have luck at finding what you need. :D
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Powder

Post by Jim Beckley »

Yea Shakes, It's those small shops that have what you need, but if they are like around here, you leave the shop feeling that you just got robbed with no gun or knife! But like Steve E. says "Obama is going to have money and sunshine coming out of our A##es". I've got enough sunshine around here, I'll take the cash!
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Send me some of the sunshine. I'd believe that you can do it before I'd believe that Obama can. :)
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

If you buy the big milk jugs full of powder, you don't have to go shoping so often.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Powder

Post by Jim Beckley »

Jason, I believe I could get more cash from you than Obama! So I'll send some sunshine your way, if you send some money this way!
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

If you didn't find enough powder, Matt, I have an unopened 1lb jug of Varget and about half a pound in another jug you're welcome to if you need it. I don't expect to be using any Varget until warmer weather months away.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Shakes,
FYI the ammo/components side of the industry typically shuts down from Thanksgiving until the first of the new year. A very large portion of the retailers and distributors were not prepared for the aftermath of the election. The sales of all firearm related materials more than doubled in the week preceding the election and is now just starting to slow down.
This numbers that I am hearing from my former employer, and also from my son and current employee as to what is going out retail wise and the prices attached to them is incredible, to say the least. What is even more frightening is to be near some of these people, listening to them talk when they are buying, even with Obama shirts on.
Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Innocent wrote:This numbers that I am hearing from my former employer, and also from my son and current employee as to what is going out retail wise and the prices attached to them is incredible, to say the least. What is even more frightening is to be near some of these people, listening to them talk when they are buying, even with Obama shirts on.
Mary
Yup - Locally, AR's have at least doubled in price, that is, when you can find them and I don' even shop the other stuff right now.

Edit: Just ordered some small items from Graf & Sons, and they have a disclaimer on their checkout page that, due to increased volume, the order may be delayed up to three days.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: NO POWDER.........

Post by Bob259 »

shakes wrote:ANYWHERE!!!!!!!. I cant beleive it, I cant find any powder anywhere. No Varget, No Reloader 19, nothing. The damm shops keep telling me it will be in next week, that was last month. Anybody have any secrect powder sources they are willing to share :D or have a substitute for either of the powders.
Shakes... Did you check with Cathy & Jim ? A little more, but they may have it.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

thanks guys I found some powder that will work untill the shops can get their shipments in(fingers crossed)