Model 70 ..........Hybrid

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Ahhh a doe, I can tell because there are no horns :-)
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Yep Bob....had one hand on the wheel, the other on the camera. One eye on the critters, the other on the road. Did not want to plow head on into Farmer Browns monster 4x4 tractor.

Had my nunchucks ready in case the animals attacked.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Model 70

Post by Jim Beckley »

I had a buddy from a small town in Texas, Deer season had just opened up and a couple of guys was standing around a processing shop, when some dude pulls up in his truck, hollering I got one, I got one. They took a look at "it" and then ask him where he shot it at. After he told them, they informed him that he was going to have to pay the rancher of the property for the steer that he just shot!
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Bob259 wrote:Ahhh a doe, I can tell because there are no horns :-)

Ah, Bob.....you better sign up for that hunter safety class before you move out west. :shock:
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Model 70

Post by Bob259 »

Jim Beckley wrote:I had a buddy from a small town in Texas, Deer season had just opened up and a couple of guys was standing around a processing shop, when some dude pulls up in his truck, hollering I got one, I got one. They took a look at "it" and then ask him where he shot it at. After he told them, they informed him that he was going to have to pay the rancher of the property for the steer that he just shot!
That story reminds me of one when we went to the Catskill's deer hunting one year, years ago. The Game Warden we knew saw us in line with our deer and said to us walk up front an check it out... don't laugh this is giving the new kid (new Game Warden) an education.

We walk up and this guy from NYC or NJ, proud and hell of his hunting skills I might add, had a mule/jackass tied across the hood all properly tagged as a Doe. (How this guy dragged it and got it over the hood would have made a great Funniest Videos) The New Warden was explaining to him that it was a farmers mule and they needed to know where he shot it to get the farmer, etc... The guy was arguing NO it was a Doe because his friend, who he borrowed the rifle from and must be equally as bright, told him if it didn't have horns it was a Doe. To top it all off the rifle was still loaded (safety on) because, he wasn't sure how to unlaod it and his 'friend' told him just put the safety on when you come home it will be fine.

Now... if this doesn't make you want to stay out of the woods nothing will :-) "They walk among us'
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by sobrbiker883 »

Bob Mc Alice wrote: For a factory barrel it shoots plenty good enough for silhouette competition. At 500 m , the 154's were coming in about 4 inches.
Boy, that's pretty good offhand skills there!

Rifle looks great!
Usually shooting scores right in class, too bad its the class below my classification!

Steve E
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

:lol: .........Hey there Steve, have not heard from you in a while.
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

llama killer

Post by kevinbear »

The guy is lucky that most llama owners are tree hugging liberals, most people that have them are as close to them as we would be to our dog. If someone shot my dog thinking it was a coyote bad things might happen.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: llama killer

Post by BlauBear »

kevinbear wrote:If someone shot my dog thinking it was a coyote bad things might happen.
No - people get attached to those filthy things?
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ