New toy in 6.5x47 Lapua

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

New toy in 6.5x47 Lapua

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day All
Well my new toy is coming together nicely!!
The Toad squared and trued the action then reamed the raceway, turned the bolt nose, turned out the bolt face and rebushed it, fitted a Sako extractor,turned the lugs ,lapped them and fitted a stainless band on the bolt.
I've got a McMillan thumb hole Annie style I got from the Market place. Also ready to go in (we tried it already) is a Davies two stage "F" class trigger, one of the blokes down here tried it and stated "Why would you buy a Jewell?. Their triggers in my opinion are great value (especially with our dollar costing 65 cents US, works out to $125USD) and suit me as I'm a two stage fan http://www.daviestriggers.com.au/ so give them a look.
Pacific Tool and Gauge had the 6.5x47 Lapua reamer on sale a while ago and the order for Range rods, Grizzly rods, Headspace qauges and pilots is on it's way now.
Finally two HEAVILY Fluted 8 twist barrels (mine and Toads) arrived from RDT products who make match grade barrels here in Australia, Bear and the Bugle off this forum are the owners of the company. I have a 7TCU with one of their barrels and it'll shoot like stink. Provided there's no wind and I do my part it'll hit dots @ 500 all day.
T16 Weaver, Cases, Bullets and Wilson Dies are sitting here waiting, so hopefully by Christmas I'll be running around the house going WOOHOO and smiling like a Goanna. I'll keep you all posted.
Juddy
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

You'll love that 6.5x47 Juddy...!!!! :D
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day Bob
I borrowed one at the Nationals and took some of the other mongruls (Ramslammers) money off them on the last bank of Rams. Just seems to be a good cartridge so I'll give it a crack.
Juddy
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Echo Bob259's enthusiasm for the 6.5X47L...Now you just need some "bling"

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

jneihouse wrote:Echo Bob259's enthusiasm for the 6.5X47L...Now you just need some "bling"

Kitty
Juddy, If you need help picking out 'Bling' please contact John and I :D We can help....

Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ramslammer »

G'Day All
It's OK it'll be as flash as a rat with a gold tooth!!
Juddy
the ex pom
A Poster
A Poster

Post by the ex pom »

ALLEGED ramslammer be warned with these sub calibres when you stand a ram your committed following will sink the knives in. Doesnt ADF use a 6.5 maybe you can go shopping for your nail polish together
348 winchester,teach them chickens a lesson, when a girls gun will not do. Man up with a steel buttplate!!!!!
Bear
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Bear »

Hi All

Ex Pom just to keep you current about ADF's 6.5 he has broken that as well I am letting him use my 6.5x47 this weekend.

Bear
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Bear wrote:Hi All

Ex Pom just to keep you current about ADF's 6.5 he has broken that as well I am letting him use my 6.5x47 this weekend.

Bear
Am I sensing this correctly that you guys are pretty rough on equipment and have a fancy for good looking ones in the rack left unattended.. :?: :lol: :shock:

Ramslammer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Ramslammer »

Bob
It's only ADF (Tasco)who breaks things and steals of a fellow member of the Brotherhood. He'll be able to ad a 6.5x47 to the list after today.
Juddy
Bear
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Bear »

Hi All

Juddy I don't think I will use my 6.5x47 at canberra in January, it survived ADF (TASCO) this weekend it may be to big a risk you know how he can jinx things & he hasn't used my 7/08 - yet!!

Bear