Texas State Highpower 2009

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
GregG
AA Poster
AA Poster

Texas State Highpower 2009

Post by GregG »

I have been discussing with the New Braunfels CTSA club about holding the Texas State Highpower match April 4 and 5 with practice on Friday April 3.

I have submitted paper word to both the TSRA and NRA for these dates.

I have now heard rumor of a conflict. Is anyone aware of a conflict with these dates, if so what match?

Greg Gudenburr
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

The Arizona State HP in Phoenix is scheduled for the same weekend......not sure how it will affect your match. We have seen plenty of "Lone Star State" competitors here in the past.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: Texas State Highpower 2009

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Any report to share with us on the match ?
nomad
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by nomad »

I called the match, as the fellow originally scheduled to be chief line officer was taken ill.

Mark Pharr -- a sometime gunsmith from Round Rock TX of whom you may have occasionally heard (lol) -- won both guns.

Standard gun on Saturday was tough, with sneaky, fishtailing 12 o'clock winds and a lot of mirage that left everyone guessing about what was going on. In addition, the wind was strong enough to hold the rams up and at least some good hits went unrewarded. Pharr's 38/60 was 3 ahead of 2nd place which was IIRC 35/60 shot by Zander and Motl. Can't remember who wound up where.

Hunter on Sunday was NOT fun. Skies were overcast at first, temps were down about 25 degrees from Saturday and the winds came around 180 degrees and blew into the 40s from 4 to 6 o'clock. ALL of the rams and pigs kept blowing off the stands as quickly as the target setters could get them set up! Chickens held up pretty well for some reason and turkeys were able to stand IF the setters positioned them at about a 30 degree angle to the firing line. (Those were some pretty THIN turkeys!) lol Eventually, even the turkeys wouldn't stay put. So, we painted and shot swingers and reduced the match to 40 shots. Pharr's 25/40 was good for first. Teresa Everheart and Jerry Boydstun tied for 2nd with 22/40s. Boydstun won the shootoff.

Turnout was light -- we got by with 3 relays -- but overall, a good time was had by all.
E Kuney
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by edgehit »

thanks for the update. I'm sorry I missed it.
- Joe