MOre new HP question

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
chuck d
A Poster
A Poster

MOre new HP question

Post by chuck d »

In looking for a rifle, tough to find a sutable used gun. i did find a used advertised silhouette rifle, in 7-08 but listed at 9 1/2 lbs. Is this too heavy?
thanks
chuck
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

A paraphrase of rule 3.1.1 states that a hunter class rifle may weigh 9lbs. including sights and an empty magazine, if used. It also requires a factory caliber, which would seem to rule out the 6.5x47 Lapua which doesn't appear in any factory catalogs.

Any one care to straighten me out on this?
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

http://www.nrahq.org/compete/RuleBooks/ ... -r-w03.pdf

Current rulebook doesn't specify factory caliber..

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Thanks Kitty! Also, I had thought the maximum weight was 9.5 lbs., so it's always good to check the rules...
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: MOre new HP question

Post by sobrbiker883 »

chuck d wrote:In looking for a rifle, tough to find a sutable used gun. i did find a used advertised silhouette rifle, in 7-08 but listed at 9 1/2 lbs. Is this too heavy?
thanks
chuck
10lb 2 oz limit for Standard gun.........and for standard you can use funky stocks, light triggers, and big 'ole heavy barrels!
Usually shooting scores right in class, too bad its the class below my classification!

Steve E
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

WEIGHT

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

I don't know how old is the rules book that you are reading, but right now the rules pretty much states:
Standard rifle. Max. weight 10.2 lbs. any shape barrel or stock, and any safe trigger, 6mm or above, no magnum calibers.
Hunter rifle. Max. weight 9.00 lbs. 2.00 lbs. min. trigger pull, must have a working safety, and a taper barrel, no target stocks ???? no thumb hole stock, Any caliber 6mm or above, no magnum caliber, and rounds single or whatever must be fed into the mag prior to loading into the chamber.
And of course you should be able to see at least half daylight when looking thru the business end of the barrel towards the butt.
These are the rules that I abide by, and so far NONE of the rifles that I have build, failed to pass inspection at the Nationals.
Evelio.
Evelio
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: WEIGHT

Post by Bob259 »

Evelio Mc Donald wrote:.................These are the rules that I abide by, and so far NONE of the rifles that I have build, failed to pass inspection at the Nationals.
Evelio.
And if all are like mine damn fine shooters as well!!!!
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)