Another practice session

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Another practice session

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Did not have quite enough shooters for our monthly HP match again yesterday. Only five shooters showed up. Between the heat wave we had last week, 104 on Fri...103 Sat. and 98 Sun., as well as a few guys down at Raton for the Cowboy Nationals, the turn out was low.

We decided to set the range up for a practice session instead. Light wind from the north kept the the temperture bearable. The new line cover sure makes shooting out there at CRC in the summer a lot nicer.

We were all shooting different cal. rifles. Dave used his Tikka 6.5 x 55, Ed had his .260, Jim his 6.5 Lapua. Don had his .308 and .300 Savage M-700's. I chose to fire my remaining 100 rds. of .243 from the 700 Classic. I've used this rifle for CPT practice and for the Dynamite shoot for the past couple of years. At a little over 1500 rds. the factory barrel is about ready for the scrap bin.

I had Dave spot for me on a few shots at the rams. The load was a 100 gr. Sierra BT with RL-19. Of six well placed hits, only three fell. Will be putting another Douglas match barrel on this action soon......in what else ?....7-08 of course..

All in all, it was a great day to be doing what we like to do best......shooting silhouette.