5 RAMS IN A ROW!!!!

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

It's not fun to watch, Jason is right this crash doesnt look that bad, but i guess it only take the right hit to do that much damge. I think thats why i never got a crotch rocket, i had the harley upgraded with more horsepower and torque of the winter and I can see why these guys like big motors and lots of horsepower. I get on it now and twist the throttle like theres no tommorrow, I coundnt imagine all that horsepower on such a small bike, I'd scare the shit of myself and probalbly quit riding. 85 horsepower and 94ft lbs of torque are plenty thankyou very much.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

That's a LOT of torque for a bike of any weight, Shakes. You should be careful with that, especially if it gets to that torque rating quickly. I don't remember the torque specs on my 600cc, 350lb bike, but I know it was rated at 123hp peak from the factory with average tests of 110 to 113hp at the rear wheel. I've taken about 15lbs of weight off of it and added about 8 to 10hp. It's pretty tame below 7 or 8k rpms, but it's just plain scary from 10k up to about 14k and kinda slacks off up to redline at 15.5k. I've actually got my ignition programming set to give more low and mid-range power at the cost of a little bit of absolute horsepower on the top end. These bikes nowadays are way too easy to tweak. I was doing some final tweaks last weekend sitting in the garage with the throttle in one hand and the other on the laptop. If I screw something up, all I have to do is drop the old config file back in there. It's LOTS easier than playing with tweaking carbs, which I absolutely suck at.

All of that really doesn't mean crap to me right now, though. I'm trying to concentrate on finesse things like throttle control, timing on braking, and body position. It's a little surprising how similar it all is to silhouette shooting. It's really all about having the right position, staying relaxed, controlling what's in your head, and smoothly executing a practiced sequence of steps. Just like in silhouette, trying harder doesn't make you faster on a bike any more than it makes you shoot better offhand. I'm not nearly good enough to compete with the top tier guys, no matter what bike I am on. It's like giving a master a factory stock CZ452 and having him/her compete against a newbie using a full-on custom rifle. The master shooter is still going to wipe the floor with the newbie.
metalhead
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by metalhead »

Oh Please....am I the only one thinking what the hell does this moto stuff has to do with high power rifle silhouette ?
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

It's good to remember we're all mortal, and even the very best can have very bad things happen without reason or warning. We're worrying about one of our own.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
deadeyeky
A Poster
A Poster

Post by deadeyeky »

looks like a 7mm or 6.5 BR...
i miss my 308 :cry:
jneihouse wrote:
Awww, you may be right. Shakes and I are built a little on the scrawny-side and center-fires tend to give us flinches and bruises... Razz
Just bulk up....see how little recoil moves a full sized guy???? Click on the pic for the video.

How about that spotter!!...She's my next project.

Kitty

I do my best not to think i know it all, but i do know i know half of what i think i know now, so if i mess something up, cant i get an alibi?
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

Oh come on Marvin...just go with it. You need to let Steve loan you his new bike or maybe you can ride bitch :lol: and then know what Jason and I are talking about, oh wait I probably forgot in all your years of experience in the thing called life that you maybe have some years of riding some form of motorized vehicle with two wheels :D All right Jason and I will stop talkin moto and get back to highpower. By the way is 10 am to early or is good for you?