5 RAMS IN A ROW!!!!

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

5 RAMS IN A ROW!!!!

Post by shakes »

HOLY CRAP this game is fun. Shot my first match yesterday and got five rams in a row in both hunter and standard class. I got a 20 in standard and a 23 in hunter first time out. I think I amazed some of the guys that were shooting :lol: Man is it cool to watch the bullet come in and hit the turkeys and the rams. Everybody was a big help my first time shooting high power, thanks to Paul for helping me sight in. I had so much fun I'm going to enter the state high power match in two weeks, that should be really fun.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Shakes,
Congrats on pulling off the five in a row on your first attempt.

mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

Thanks Mary :D
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: 5 RAMS IN A ROW!!!!

Post by Bob259 »

shakes wrote:HOLY CRAP this game is fun. Shot my first match yesterday and got five rams in a row in both hunter and standard class. I got a 20 in standard and a 23 in hunter first time out. I think I amazed some of the guys that were shooting :lol: Man is it cool to watch the bullet come in and hit the turkeys and the rams. Everybody was a big help my first time shooting high power, thanks to Paul for helping me sight in. I had so much fun I'm going to enter the state high power match in two weeks, that should be really fun.
Congratulations Shakes... I got my 5 in a row on the Rams at the Nationals in my second HP match this year.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Another shooter sucked in! :wink:
ImageImage
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

mordecai wrote:Another shooter sucked in! :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
daisy
A Poster
A Poster

Post by daisy »

Well done

I'd crack a fat if I got 5 rams.
I've been shooting HP for 18 months and my best score has been 14. It's still fun.

Daisy
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Yea, don't let the ringer fool you - he's a recent Master class smallbore shooter, and if he's shooting low-20's on his first day out in High Power, it's because he's a recoil weenie. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
ImageImage
Bob Mc Alice
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Bob Mc Alice »

Shakes, what scope did you put on that new rifle? Or is it the one in the photos?
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

mordecai wrote:Yea, don't let the ringer fool you - he's a recent Master class smallbore shooter, and if he's shooting low-20's on his first day out in High Power, it's because he's a recoil weenie. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
What's wrong with being a recoil weenie?! :roll:
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

BlauBear wrote: What's wrong with being a recoil weenie?! :roll:
Awww, you may be right. Shakes and I are built a little on the scrawny-side and center-fires tend to give us flinches and bruises... :P
ImageImage
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

You guys need to eat more and work out a lot. Then you might become stocky and buff like me. :lol:
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

Bob, I put a leupold br36 on the rifle. its what I had lying around so to speak. I think it may be a little too much only becuase when the barrel gets hot enough you've got a wicked heat mirage in the scope and you have to wait for a breeze or blow down the barrel(no wise cracks :roll: )to eliminate the mirage for a couple of seconds to shoot. what do most guys use for power, same as small bore? Jason if I remember i think i outweigh you buy a couple of standard rifles :lol:
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Good question. Are those Mirage Shields legal in Silhouette?
ImageImage
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Uhh.. yeah. Surely aren't doubting my manly physique! Seriously, though, I'm weighing in at 160 on a fat day now, so you probably have me by more than a bit. I'm even skinnier than I've always been, and not taking care of myself or practicing is seriously hurting my shooting. Between working way too many hours and a complete bathroom remodel (nothing but joists and studs left) I'm just finishing, I haven't been getting enough food or sleep. That's also why I haven't made it to many matches. I probably would have skipped this past month's matches at Machias if I hadn't known you and Byron were coming up for them. There's a bright side of this, though. My first real day on the racetrack with my bike is coming up on the 18th, so maybe the 8-10 pounds I've lost will make me go faster, right? Between me and the bike, that will be right at 520 lbs with around 112 of the 130 rated horsepower making it to the pavement to push us along. With no cops or traffic to worry about, it should be fun. :)