Share your load!!!

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
yankee
A Poster
A Poster

Post by yankee »

The 4350 seems a bit slow for the 107 120 142. Last time I used it was with the 155 sierras. Varget 36 to 37 grains has worked for the 107 to 142. Before the varget I used and still use in some of my 260's or 6.5x243 as we used to call them is IMR 4064 and you should be able to start around 36 grains. Some don't like the way it meters but it is a very consistant powder in all temperature ranges and it fills the case up a bit more.
If you are going to try two different brands of powder I would caution you to check ,test, that the first shot or two after switching go where you wnat them to. In some of my experiments years ago it seemed that powder residue from one brand of powder could effect the first few rounds fired of the second powder. In other words it took a few shots to settle in to the new powder. Just like with the rimfire when you switch bullet brands it takes a few rounds for the barrel to settle in to the new brand.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

Mr. Marvin I just want to say that your excellent craftmanship and gunsmithing skill's got me a 20 in standard and a 23 in hunter, with 5 rams in row in both classes. That gun can shoot, and I think Harry was a little jealouse that he didn't find this one before I did, I think he might have bought this one for Racheal :D Anyway I'm really happy that I was able to buy another one of your masterpieces.

By the way this may be a long shot, but I think I need a tad bit higher rings than the ones that are on there. It my just be my brain being used to the higher rings on my smallbore guns. What do you think? and do you have any higher rings in that style?
metalhead
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by metalhead »

Hi Matt...If I don't have any in stock, I can surely make you a set in whatever hieght you like. M.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

Marvin, how would you like me to measure them? from the top of the reciever to the bottom of the scope tube or would you recomend a more precise way.
metalhead
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by metalhead »

Matt....I always use the top of the receiver to the bottom side of the scope tube. I think I have some .875 high mounts for a Rem. 700 in stock. I thinking that the ones on your rifle are .525 high.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

they are pretty short. if you have the .875 in stock i will take them and i will give you back my set if you want them. Let me know and I can drive down saturday if you are availble. Much appreciated, Matt
metalhead
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by metalhead »

Matt...See you Saturday. Hnag onto the ones you have and perhaps sell them to someone else. Be advised that the mounting screws are 8-40 TPI.