You are my FATHER!!!

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

You are my FATHER!!!

Post by shakes »

I done it, I've let myself cross over to the DARK SIDE of the FORCE!!! I bought a high power rifle on sunday. Rem 700 action blueprinted, with a Lilja barrel in .260 caliber, Pharr stock and a Jewell trigger. :P the best part about the deal was it came with a set of redding dies, 200 rounds of brass(new), two huge boxes of 120gr and 140gr sierra bullets and about 100 rounds ready to go. :shock: I shot a friends gun over the weekend and was lured over :twisted: The boys then proceeded to tell me there was one for sale in town that was ready to go and well you see what happend. The DARK SIDE feels nice and cozy :mrgreen:
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I see no pictures here... :?
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

DAMM NIX CHECK PUT A DELAY ON ME FOR SOME REASON :evil:
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

It's all the Harley gear and tattoos.. You're evil. They know it now. :)
metalhead
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by metalhead »

Hi Matt...Go get 'em young man...I'm just thinking that if this is a local WA State gun that you bought....and with the so many desriptions about the rifle, was it one that I did?...Some history about your first HP gun might be a great topic for discussion...Mr. Marv
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Welcome to the 'Dark Side' Shakes.... don't say we didn't warn you before hand. Like others will tell you I sure, I now enjoy HP much more then smallbore... all except for the reloading part :lol:
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
carl425
A Poster
A Poster

Post by carl425 »

Welcome to the dark side. Very few experiences match the feeling of knocking down your first ram off hand at 500 meters. I still have my "one in a row" pin. :)

Assuming those "100 rounds ready to go" are reloads. You may want to consider whether or not you want to shoot them. Coming from a silhouette shooter, the odds are that they're fine, but you can't be 100% sure. Unless somebody you know to be qualified loaded them, the safe move would be to disassemble them, destroy the power, then reuse the bullets and primed cases.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

She is one of your's Marvin. She's got a Mark Pharr stock that is blue with white splatters, a jewell trigger with a blue trigger shoe, a lilja barrel that looks like its got a fishnet stocking on, hence the "she", and a set of your rings on top. When I held her in the gun shop I knew it was love or maybe the chicken salad from Eveys. I may change the stock to one of Steves, which reminds me what should I say the barrel conture is so the potential buyer of the stock has no problems with fit?

Jason, when I went back to Nationals this year I forgot I had a box of 50 rounds of .22 in my carry-on. Oh man Oh man you would have thought that I was a terrorist. I almost got the "FREEDOM SEARCH" :shock: I was let go, but was told that I now may be on the HOMELAND SECURITY "watchlist" :x maybe thats why I got delayed :lol:
metalhead
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by metalhead »

Mr. Matt...That rifle has a # 6 contour Lilja barrel on it. I built that rifle in July of 2003. It was the last Lilja barrel I ever did. Long story there. Some of you'alls may have heard it before.

The guy who bought came to a couple of matches and never came back.

The light blue & white stock is a Nesika Bay, not a Pharr. Because of the oversized recoil lug I put on it, a drop in fit to another barreled action would be a stretch.

I have some photos of this gun I could send you, but I'm just not smart enough to post them in the Cicken House.

Good luck you terrible terrorist with your new rifle...M.
Troy G
A Poster
A Poster

How bout this?

Post by Troy G »

Look like this one?

sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by sobrbiker883 »

Very nice shakes! HP's a similar yet altogether different animal in this novice's opinion.........yet has the same CIA crack strength addictive properties.
Looks like you dove in hard!!
Usually shooting scores right in class, too bad its the class below my classification!

Steve E
metalhead
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by metalhead »

Thanks Troy...That's the Ugly Betty Rifle I had in mind...
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

Yep thats her. She did get an upgrade to a Jewell trigger with a anno blue trigger shoe, looks pretty hot. Went and picked her up last night along with the brass and stuff and bought some H4350 powder, federal 210m primers and some new brass. A lady I work with has a neighbor/friend who is a reloading freak so I'm going over to watch and learn and load up some rounds for this weekend.

Sobrbiker, When I decied to do something I usually jump in head first into the deep end when theres no water in the pool :lol: I think I made a good buy though, after reading post after post about high power and wether to go plain jane and then make upgrades or just go full custom to begin with, I learned my lesson in smallbore :x Maybe I'll see you at nationals next year, you cant miss UGLY BETTY as Marv calls her :roll: that's all right she know shes beutiful on the inside :lol:
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

What rings are you using on your rifle they look they could save weight on my rifle.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

those rings were made by none other than Marvelous Marvin who occasionally posts under the name metalhead. I dont know if he still makes them or not?