New Savage Accufit stocks

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
mychippy
B Poster
B Poster

New Savage Accufit stocks

Post by mychippy »

Anyone tried one of these yet? Seems like it could be a really good option for a budget setup.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: New Savage Accufit stocks

Post by atomicbrh »

The Friday before Christmas I mounted a scope and zeroed if I remember correctly a new Model 10 Savage Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor in that stock for a friend. Not impressed for a full length aluminum block stock. The aluminum bedding area is not a V-block. So much excessive space in the bedding area that you can rotate the action left and right until the trigger blade drags the sides of the stock creating excessive trigger pull weight. I just eye-ball centered the trigger and incrementally torqued the action bolts to 50 inch pounds. Then used card stock to make sure the trigger was not rubbing the stock or trigger guard. Terrible grip angle and a grip so small only a child could get all their fingers on the grip. My hands are not that big and there is no way I could get my little finger on the grip. A child could not shoot it though because the stock was too long in length of pull for a youth.

Outer surface of action looked like it had been machined for Harbor Freight.
They cut it as fast and as hot as a tool bit could run. You could see every groove where the tool bit advanced.
It still shot. The total trigger weight was 2 pounds 9 ounces from the factory if I remember correctly.
Just my 2 cents. You may not care about that stuff.
mychippy
B Poster
B Poster

Re: New Savage Accufit stocks

Post by mychippy »

Yeah sounds about right. I was actually trying to find out about the newest version that has length of pull and cheek height adjustment spacers. But I doubt they've changed anything about the grip or bedding block, so if that was a problem, probably still is.