first match

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
timfinle
A Poster
A Poster

first match

Post by timfinle »

My first HP match was a blast. Used a Remington 700 bdl ss dm in remington 260 for the match. The load used remington brass, 37.5 grn vargent, fed 210 match primers with serria 120 grn match kings for the c, p, t and changed to 36 grn vargent with a 140 grn match king. Everything I hit went down.

Qualified A and love it. Now, where to get a trigger job or drop in trigger kit for the remington?
tim
ajj
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ajj »

The standard Remington trigger is very tunable by someone who knows how. At least, they used to be. I'm talking about screw turning, not grinding and honing. If you decide to replace it, let Chicken George sell you a Timney.
Did you hit a ram or two? And how much fun was that?
timfinle
A Poster
A Poster

Post by timfinle »

yes, I got 3 rams. It was awesome. I pulled the trigger, bang, as the gun was coming down I could hear the hit, then see the ram fall.

I scored 3 rams, 3 turkeys, 4 pigs and 1 chicken. I have the most trouble with chickens. This is something I must overcome in both HP and SB.

Also, we were using a swavorsky spotting scope and you could actually see the bullet travel and hit the target. Super cool.

What do you think about putting an Anschutz trigger on the remington? I am talking about a 5022 for hunter.
tim
ajj
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ajj »

The Remington HP I tried with an Anschutz trigger was fantastic. As well it should have been. I didn't pay the tab so I forget exactly what I was told but it was a bundle. Installing the hanger on a Remington is more than the trigger itself. My new Pearson rifle has a 5022 and it is equally fantastic but I'm using a BAT action designed for that trigger.
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

REM. triggers

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

Guys, the Anshutz trigger on a Rem. 700 is nice, but the alluminum adapter required will wear out after about 700-800 rounds, and you will have all kinds of mis fires, actually the Rem. trigger when properly adjusted is pretty good.
By the way there is a company in England that develop a two stage fully adjustable trigger for the REM. 700, and just about any other action out there. Synclair is their distributor in the USA, they suppose to have some available by the end of the month.
Evelio
Evelio
Troy G
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Troy G »

Anyone besides Marv maching the 700 action to accept the Annie 5022 trigger?

Evelio, can one use the factory Annie safety if you are using the Briley adapter?
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Post by sdwooster »

Troy,

I don't know of anybody else doing the conversion by machining. I have been using the briley carrier for about 4 years. And it is the same one with no problems. But you have to use a different saftey. I heard that they where working on a new carrier that would allow the use of the Anschutz saftey. But I don't know if it was rumor or fact. I haven't looked one over yet to see what needs to be done to make it work. Maybe I should.

Steve
Troy G
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Troy G »

Steve,

I bought a three position safety to put on mine but Marv did not speak favorably of them and it is adds several ounces. I too have about 6-700 rounds on my Briley with no trouble but do not want to get to a competition only to have it fail.

I need to get some type of safety on my gun to make it legal but would love to keep the Annie trigger as well.
sdwooster
A Poster
A Poster

Post by sdwooster »

Troy,

I know other guys that have been using the carrier for as long as they have been out. Never had a problem. But you never know. I have a gentry saftey on mine. Yes they add a little weight but I am not that lose to worry about. I put my own saftey on. It takes a little work. I have also sent my action to them. Saftey works great. Good luck.