Unobtainium

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Unobtainium

Post by OldRanger »

Murdochs in Missoula has Varget sitting on the shelves. On sale too for $27 a pound. One pounders only. Just thought you'd want to know if you live here.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Unobtainium

Post by Jim Beckley »

A quick check of Bruno's web site has Varget in one pounders for 39.95+tax, plus shipping and haz mat, if your not local. I've been buying it off from a guy on Phx Backpage for 29.00 and no tax.
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.
Jim T.
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Jim T. »

Jim Beckley wrote:A quick check of Bruno's web site has Varget in one pounders for 39.95+tax, plus shipping and haz mat, if your not local. I've been buying it off from a guy on Phx Backpage for 29.00 and no tax.
Bruno's must stand for: Bend Rectum Utterly Nicely Over Standing???
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Lester will bend ya over, gouge ya, leave ya in the corner starched and dried, believe they call it business, but on the other hand he has it when a lot of the others don't. Just up to you if you want to pay for it or not.
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

And it is all run out of a storage building about a thousand miles out of the city. You have to take the 201 loop to the 101 loop and then the 301 loop and then be sure you hop off before you hit the 17. On the bright side, there is an airport across the street. =))
Bigfoot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Bigfoot »

Am I crazy or didn't Bruno's have the best deals on scopes a few years ago?

I seem to recall seeing their full page ad in Precision Shooting and thinking they had some pretty good deals.

Having said that. It's summer in Seattle and I might just have a contact buzz going on.
Res ipsa loquitur
Bigfoot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Bigfoot »

I know the hoarder madness is almost over but whilst they don't have any Varget right now I did a quick check and Powder Valley still has it listed at $23 a lb.

I had to force myself yesterday to not buy an 8lb keg of H-380 as it was sitting there right in front of me at Outdoor Emporium for $172. Mind you I haven't used this powder in 20 years (and then it was for a 22-250 of which I don't even own any longer). It was like some pavlovian response..."I see powder. Must grab powder. It's not what you use but maybe it would work ok"...Good lord!

**== :ymcowboy: **==

Jerry, hope to see you at our state match in a few weeks. If not I'll have to buy ya a beer over in Missoula!
Res ipsa loquitur
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

WHAT??????????????????? You guys don't like my directions on how to get to Bruno's? :ymdevil: They are right there next to the airport.
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Murdochs is a ranch supply type store here, and I got a few pounds of varget for $27 each. I didn't clear the shelf off, but when I went back a couple days later it was empty. I'm just kind of getting started reloading and I was using 4064, but the way everyone goes on about varget I thought I'd give it a try. Its a hair slower than 4064, but I like it especially for my ram loads.
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.