162 AMAX available Midway

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: 162 AMAX available Midway

Post by malinois »

Thats great 1000 primers will hold you for awhile... Thats what I have been doing if I see some thing I will just pick it up here and there... Right now I am ok on supplies .. meaning I can shoot a few matches.. But not seeing the abundace of supplies is what makes me hold back on the shooting, practice load work. Because I just can't run out and get stuff anymore like before.
dgswen
Unclassified Poster

Post by dgswen »

So assuming the 162 amax are difficult to impossible to get ahold of what would be a comparable, close !2nd choice out of a 708?
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by malinois »

Luckly almost anything will work in the 708 it has enough weight to get it done with almost any bullet. I use 168, 175 , 162 150 140 all these weights will take the rams... McAlice shoots the 708 and can chime in on that... he shoots 140 grain sierra blems and knocks the crap out of em with his 708. No need to panic..
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

malinois wrote:............. McAlice shoots the 708 and can chime in on that... he shoots 140 grain sierra blems and knocks the crap out of em with his 708. No need to panic..
Don't tell anyone Malinois but the way McAlice knocks the heck out of them so well is he pays the target setters to set then so far off the rail that a wind would knock them over =)) =))

Hit em and hit em hard with a 6.5 :D
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

For someone who doesn't panic about the bullets he shoots, the Goatru needed a diaper change a couple of years ago in St Louis, as a matter of fact I think he rang as many as I did this year at the said location. Got an e-mail back from him tonight, he's in Jasper, Canada. I ask him if we reinstated the draft but no reply yet. If you want to know something about a 7-08, you might have to start turning over every rock in Canada to find him.
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Jim, he's WAY tooooooooooooooooo old for the draft. :ymdevil:
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Well Grenz, One would certainly think that but given the way the world is today and the current administration, me thinks if you can fog a mirror, you would go some place.
U.S. Army-Donating blood since 1775.
GTS
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GTS »

I switched to the Hornady 162 gr SST when they temporarily stopped making the AMax. They are almost a ballistic double of the AMax in my rifle. They are available at Midway now, and as a bonus, they are a good hunting bullet as well.
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 777 »

7mm Blemish Nosler 160gr Accubonds have been popping up on shooters pro shop. Pretty good deal on a decent heavy and they seem to hold together well too. They sell out pretty quick but they have had 5-10 available a couple time a week lately. Couldn't find a mark one on the ones I got. Guess they just weren't shiny enough? They look perfect. $18.95/50.

http://www.shootersproshop.com/nosler-p ... -50ct.html