First Match

Smallbore, pistol cartridge, centerfire - revolvers, pistols, Contenders, etc...
jmdavis45
B Poster
B Poster

First Match

Post by jmdavis45 »

Tomorrow will be my first Hunter Pistol match. Though I have both a rimfire and a centerfire, this first attempt will be rimfire only since the weather and my health have not cooperated for me to get my Centerfire zeros. So irons and 22 with a 12 inch Contender will be the equipment of the day. I will be working off a 25 yard zero and a ballistic chart for comeups.

I know that this section of the forums doesn't get much activity. But if anyone has any advice for a first timer, I am all ears.

Mike Davis
jmdavis45
B Poster
B Poster

Re: First Match

Post by jmdavis45 »

No go today. 15f and still recovering from the flu helped me make the smart decision to stay indoors. Next month I hope.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Hope you feel better soon, and get out and check some zeros!

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
jmdavis45
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jmdavis45 »

Funny you should mention that. When the temps hit the mid 40's this afternoon, I was at the range shooting paper at 50 and 75 yards with the new to me 12" .22lr barrel. It's a shooter. With a 6 o'clock hold just into the leg, I was able to hit 12 of 15 shots at the Turkey (after zero). I felt good about that, since this is only my second try at a taco hold (other than some dryfire at the house). The Williams FP works really well, and while I would like the front sight to be a little wider for my eyes, it is useable for sure.

I've got a month to dryfire and shoot paper, we'll see how next month's match goes.

Mike
jmdavis45
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jmdavis45 »

It took another 7 months, but is finally shot my first Hunters Pistol match today. With the eceception of chickens, I'm pretty happy with the results. Thanks to the shooters at Cavalier Rifle and Pustol club for making me feel welcome.