Revolver

Smallbore, pistol cartridge, centerfire - revolvers, pistols, Contenders, etc...
steveyacht
B Poster
B Poster

Revolver

Post by steveyacht »

I have a Ruger MK II competition, slab barrel that I assume is ok for hunter pistol. What revolvers are predominant in the sport? I have been wanting to get a decent .22 Revolver for some time now.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Steve
Just happy to be here
NRA Life Member
AMA Charter Life Member
US Army Veteran
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Revolver

Post by Jason »

I've seen a couple revolvers used, but not enough to say that any particular model would be considered predominant. About the only pistol that I've seen be predominant is a Contender.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Revolver

Post by lone ringer »

steveyacht wrote:I have a Ruger MK II competition, slab barrel that I assume is ok for hunter pistol. What revolvers are predominant in the sport? I have been wanting to get a decent .22 Revolver for some time now.

Thanks in advance for your advice.
Although I am not a handgun silhouette shooter I do have a lot of friends that are. In hunter pistol you can use anything you have and the classes are scope and iron sights, center fire and SB. There is a revolver class in IHMSA for .22's. The best revolvers for handgun silhouette shooting are made by Freedom Arms and are not cheap other than that you will have to be very lucky to find a run of the mill revolver that will be good enough to win you matches.