info on 7mm Intl Double Duck

Smallbore, pistol cartridge, centerfire - revolvers, pistols, Contenders, etc...
BountyHunter
Unclassified Poster

info on 7mm Intl Double Duck

Post by BountyHunter »

Just bought a very very good used XP 100 in 7mm International Double Duck. It is in the original Remington plastic stock and has a 1996 Silouette Championship sticker on the bottom along with the silouette sights etc. Barrel is 16", looks standard Rem taper, but pretty sure it is custom (no idea of mftr). Looks super clean with very little use.

From what I have been able to find out this cartridge was made by a gunsmith named Schwann in Tenn (now deceased) and supposedly 15 of them were made.

Anyone have an any additional info as to cartridge specifics info, value and anything else.

I was originally buying this to tear down to build a LR hunting rig, but now think this might be worth more as a comp gun IF that cartridge is workable anymore.

I would appreciate any information to be emailed to me.

BountyHunter hermanharke@aol.com

We have learned a little more about a double duck. The barrel is marked Schwahn 014 on the bottom. We think this is a custom rebarrel. A chamber cast was made OAL 1.860", neck .350", neck dia .317". shoulder dia .448". The double duck is very similar to the 7mm IHMSA but with a longer neck and maybe a different shoulder angle.
edgehit
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: info on 7mm Intl Double Duck

Post by edgehit »

I doubt it has any value as a DD. If it were mine, I'd convert it to a rifle.
- Joe