Need PC advice

Smallbore, pistol cartridge, centerfire - revolvers, pistols, Contenders, etc...
Tancred
B Poster
B Poster

Need PC advice

Post by Tancred »

Hey Everyone,

I'm considering adding a Pistol Cartridge Hunter Pistol caliber to my Contender. I know 22 Hornet is the most popular, but it would be a lot easier to add a 38 Special or 357 Mag since I already have the brass and bullets. Any suggestions?

Tancred
TC260
Unclassified Poster

Re: Need PC advice

Post by TC260 »

I've only shot IHMSA so I don't know if there are any rule differences to consider but the 357 Mag is much more versatile than the 38. With the proper heavy bullets you can shoot also big bore with the 357. I doubt that could be done well with the 38 and certainly not with the Hornet.
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Here in the N.East the pistol shooters use 270 ren. its based on the 22 hornet case and thompson chambers there barrels for it too. at least they use to. can't tell what remington has changed since they bought them out. =((
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
silhouette13
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by silhouette13 »

i believe tc was ruined by smith and wesson, not remington. the ren is good, the nh pistol champ uses one. most use the 22 hornet. the 357 and 38spl are booth good choices for the nra pc game. if you have bullets and brass, why not.

almost any pc cartridge will take rams at 100m. some use 22mag and lose a few, the 375 mag is fine for this game .
dave
Sako Finnfire /weaver v16 tk lee 3/8 dot
Hoyt
Truball
Easton
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

Thanks Dave, I stand corrected. S&W has a habbit of screwing up a good thing. Like the pistol laws in Ma.
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
Tancred
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Tancred »

Thanks for the replies. Since posting this, it looks like I'll be trying 22 Hornet.
22's forever
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22's forever »

Are there any pistol matches in central PA ? Or what is the closest to the Harrisburg area?
Thanx for the info !!!