G2 frames

Smallbore, pistol cartridge, centerfire - revolvers, pistols, Contenders, etc...
silhouette13
AA Poster
AA Poster

G2 frames

Post by silhouette13 »

hi,

i have a G2 froame that i had a trigger job done on it is marvolus, only issue is it has made the hammer strike too light to reliaibly detonate my hunting rifle, CCI primers are at 20% fail and i get a few out of every hundred with winchester primers.

my choices are send it back and undo my trigger that has never failed on small bore or get another frame for the big rig. i am kicking myself now, i had a old style frame that puts my wrist in an uncommfortable position due to sme arthritis. i knew a guy who has a G 2 and hates it, i should have swapped frames.

i am looking for opinions, does anyone have a g2 they hate they would want to swap an old frame for? that would be cheaper to buy a old frame used and swap. or get another g2 frame for the rifle barrels? if the old frames fit my rifle stock i would just buy one and be done , trying to get out as cheap as possible. but dont want to lose the g2 trigger job i paid for.

dave
Sako Finnfire /weaver v16 tk lee 3/8 dot
Hoyt
Truball
Easton
Contender Hunter
Unclassified Poster

Re: G2 frames

Post by Contender Hunter »

Mike Bellm sells a heavy hammer spring that will solve your problem. Hope this helps.
Wayne Fish
GTKF
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: G2 frames

Post by GTKF »

Try Federal primers, they're softer. Work in my S&W Model 10 when others fail to fire