Revolvers?

Smallbore, pistol cartridge, centerfire - revolvers, pistols, Contenders, etc...
Tancred
B Poster
B Poster

Revolvers?

Post by Tancred »

Just out of curiosity, I know Contenders are most common, but I'd like to know what types of 22LR Revolvers competitors are using?

Tancred
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Revolvers?

Post by Innocent »

Not many, that I have seen in the years I have shot it.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Scooter the Shooter
Unclassified Poster

Post by Scooter the Shooter »

It seems that the Freedom Arms is the most popular. Pricey, but super accurate. Next would probably be the Dan Wessons.
Tancred
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Tancred »

Are revolvers really that much of a disadvantage?
Baja_Traveler
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Baja_Traveler »

I'm using a Ruger Single Six Hunter topped by an Ultradot Matchdot sight. Guaranteed not as tack accurate as a contender, but I like it, and I figure the way I shoot that small accuracy increase wouldn't give me much anyway. Then again I'm partial to revolvers also...
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

I say use what you are comfortable with and shoot the best.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Scooter the Shooter
Unclassified Poster

Post by Scooter the Shooter »

Tancred wrote:Are revolvers really that much of a disadvantage?
They're a lot more grip sensitive and have a slower lock time. IMHO if you can master the revolver, you'll shoot every pistol well.
yulie22
Unclassified Poster

Post by yulie22 »

Howdy,
Revolvers. In Australia we commonly call the match "Disolver" due to the tendency to have a bad day with the revolver match.
Freedom Arms tend to be the industry standard for the better shooters. Ruger single six, Smith & Wesson 617 and Dan Wesson are also good options for silhouette as they have the right barrel lenghts, around 9 to 10 inches.
Check out the European stuff If your looking to match it with the top guys on the scoreboard. Manhurin made a silhouette version with a long barrel, easy to use and similar in appearance and function to Smith revolvers, and accuracy to match Freedom. There is also an Arminius, they have Walther barrels and BoMar sights factory fitted. Both of these should be cheaper than freedom. Arminius like to be very clean for best results.
Ammo is very important in rimfire silhouette. Test, test and test some more until you find a good combination for your gun. If your group isn't what you want, just keep changing ammo, you'd be surprised what differences can be found. As a suggestion, when in doubt revolvers often work better with faster ammo.
Cheers, Yulie. :mrgreen: