Does everyone else tracks their scores?

This is what we do.
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Does everyone else tracks their scores?

Post by Tlee »

snaketail2 wrote:I saw a shooter in Az who was using his Mac I-Pad to show the hits - he would tough the screen where hit was and the shooter could see a black mark to indicate the point of impact. It seems that this might be a way to record the hits/misses and shoe any trends in aiming.

I don't have an I-Pad, but I'm pretty sure someone could design an App to do just this. Show the hits/misses, track bullet strikes and record match scores...could this also be a Smart Phone App?

M
"Marksman" in the Apple App store is a target spotting/logging app and has silhouette targets as well as all the popular bullseye style targets. Decent program, worth the few bucks.... Downside is it requires iOS version 7 or later. Its ok if you have a later iPhone or iPad, but sux if you have an earlier OS/platform that wont upgrade to 7.

I've emailed the developer to see if there's an older version available but havent heard from him yet....

- Tim
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Does everyone else tracks their scores?

Post by snaketail2 »

Thanks Tim - keep us posted on this.
The one I saw in Phoenix was a program the guy wrote himself - out of my comfort zone. But it seems a simple touch screen that records the touch points would be simple to make (but, then I don't know how to write a program).
Touch -a black spot shows the hit and records X & Y position, touch again and the first dot fades and a 2nd appears and records position. After the match the shooter could review the hits, and misses, and see if a pattern is developing. Save match results for later review.
One thing the Phoenix guy didn't have was enough room around the animals to accurately record the misses. His targets filled 90% of the frame...I'd like 60% and be able to see where the miss went.
My wife thinks I should learn to write a program, sell it to shooters and buy a professional sports team with the profits...I don't think she knows how cheap our shooters are (Could maybe buy a used sno-cone stand if it goes over really well).

M
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."