Turn up the bling

This is what we do.
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

sorry Alex, I thought it was you who sold me the stickers. It was somebody at the Texas state match. Who's the guy who is from east Texas who is left handed? maybe it was his daughter. A mind is a terrible thing.

BTW, when are y'all gonna be by this way? and when are your matches in Beaumont? We definitely need to get together. Wimpy's gonna love this gun.

7 lbs 15 oz with the 36X on it, no scope caps, and an Anschutz mag.

put 50 thru it this morning, in the wind. Hit the backstop every time!
Last edited by psteiger on Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Hunom is humor spelled with a Monday Hangover.........You know that....

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

I gotta get drunk and I sure do dread it, cause I know just what I'm gonna do.
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

BLING

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

The silhouette stickers are available from LONE STAR GRAPHICS phone no. 979-836-3424 e-mail Lonestargrfx@aol.com They make any size or color you want.
Evelio.
Evelio
texassbshooter
Unclassified Poster

Post by texassbshooter »

The matches in Beaumont are the first saturday of every month from February to September. Matches start at 10 am, and if you have a strong stomach, lunch is free. So far I haven't had any compaints about my cooking but I think our guys will eat just about anything. The thing that really worries me about your post Pat is that the first time I see my name mentioned on the forum, it is associated with two guys that do everything backwards. I'm not sure how to feel about that.LOL
Have a nice day,
Alex
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

Bling

Hey Kitty, James C. And Chicken,
Did you see that post by METALHEAD ( MERV. ) QUOTE: YOU CAN"T GET ANY QUALITY RIFLES FROM TEXAS.
I am really surprised at his statement, maybe he really had a big hangover, or woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I tried to e-mail him on his old address but it did not go thru. It kind of pissed me off, specially when he only uses Shillen barrels, and build several guns on Parr stocks, plus one of the better supliers of Anchutz rifles is in Fort Worth.
Anyway, if any of you know why he made that statement, or how about you Marvin, would you mind expanding your opinion. And by the way you also claimed to had a bad experience with the Lilja barrels, I also would like to know the whole story behind that.
I am really looking forward to some answers.
Evelio.
Evelio
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

I'me on my way to PeEll, as well as Colby Rasmussen, the yourg may that I am coaching. Will do my best to represent the Evelio McDonald rifle. Don't think that the Chickster is going. Maybe Paul can come, we can put a moriatorium on the "bling competition", I will shoot my backup gun But I'm going to do my best. Surprised at the "You can't get that out of Texas remark". Remember "On any given day".......Dawg, can't you get lose and come to PeEll. Innocnet is coming. I personally spotted McLemore to a 33 last year but he has a sorority funcition coming up:"......It gets harder and harder to invade these places in the North without the proper backup..........Come on guy, what do you say????

Kitty
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

I'me on my way to PeEll, as well as Colby Rasmussen, the yourg may that I am coaching. Will do my best to represent the Evelio McDonald rifle. Don't think that the Chickster is going. Maybe Paul can come, we can put a moriatorium on the "bling competition", I will shoot my backup gun But I'm going to do my best. Surprised at the "You can't get that out of Texas remark". Remember "On any given day".......Dawg, can't you get lose and come to PeEll. Innocnet is coming. I personally spotted McLemore to a 33 last year but he has a sorority funcition coming up:"......It gets harder and harder to invade these places in the North without the proper backup..........Come on guy, what do you say????

Kitty
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Thanks Evelio! I just sent an email about the decals.

Maybe Marvin was accusing y'all of keeping all the really good rifles for yourselves? Hmmm...
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by stsbuyer »

metalhead wrote:Mr. Steel Ram....Let me just guess that you have never been to a big national match before. And, If you ever did get up off your ass and go to one these national championship events ,you would see that these guys who travel thousands of miles to shoot in this type of tournement, rent a motel room for a week and a rental car, plus meals and entry fees, are sporting around the best rifle that is availible....And it cant be bought in Texas. Even if they do not win the the U.S, or the Canadian Naionals....they still still have the pride in ownership of a rifle that will alow them to compete at an international level....M.
I have rifles built by Mark Pharr and Evelio McDonald, never realized that my equipment was inferior. I have several other smallbore rifles that were built by Neal Johnson
steel_ram
B Poster
B Poster

Post by steel_ram »

metalhead wrote:Mr. Steel Ram....Let me just guess that you have never been to a big national match before. And, If you ever did get up off your ass and go to one these national championship events ,you would see that these guys who travel thousands of miles to shoot in this type of tournement, rent a motel room for a week and a rental car, plus meals and entry fees, are sporting around the best rifle that is availible....And it cant be bought in Texas. Even if they do not win the the U.S, or the Canadian Naionals....they still still have the pride in ownership of a rifle that will alow them to compete at an international level....M.
Holy smokes! Was my question ever taken the wrong way.

I just want to know, put a different way, if anyone going from a single stage trigger, to a two stage has actually seen improvements in their scores? Sorry, I was unaware metalhead was the only one mating Rem700's to Anney triggers and wasn't try to single out anyone.

For the record. I get off my ass quite a bit, and buy the look of some shooting lines, more than others. :wink:
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

Single vs Double stage trigger

Steel Ram
You sure hit somebody on the wrong place with your question, but anyway the best part of the two stage trigger, is that you go thru the initial pull probably about 1 1/2 lbs. and it comes to a fairly noticeable stop, from then on, it don't take but a few ounces for your final squese when you are on the target. That's why they call it a cheater trigger, even do it will pick up the 2 lbs. weight ( I know I will probably catch hell for that statement ) it is a damm good trigger, and should improve your score somewhat. It has helped me a lot.
By the way, METALHEAD is not the only one making the adaptation for the 700, as a matter of fact BRILEY ( IN TEXAS ) have been making the adapters for years. The alluminum base adapter might wear off after a couple of years, but it can be easely replaced ( NO I DON"T WORK FOR THEM ).
Well I hope this answered your question.
Evelio.
Evelio
steel_ram
B Poster
B Poster

Post by steel_ram »

Well I know the "two stage" trigger is not a cheater. The rifle I'm considering buying (anschutz 1712) comes with it from the factory. Just never tried one but they seem to be the rage. Seem's kind of weird "hitting a wall" 3/4 way thru a trigger pull. Something that must take some getting used to.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Those that know have reassured me that you get used to it.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
nanaimoman
B Poster
B Poster

Post by nanaimoman »

steel_ram wrote:Well I know the "two stage" trigger is not a cheater. The rifle I'm considering buying (anschutz 1712) comes with it from the factory. Just never tried one but they seem to be the rage. Seem's kind of weird "hitting a wall" 3/4 way thru a trigger pull. Something that must take some getting used to.
Hey steel_ram,
You will have no problem getting a feel for the 1712's two stage trigger. I shoot on Vancouver Island, and there are about 6-8 regular shooters from my area that shoot custom 1712 rifles with Pharr/Robertson stocks. If you do decide to go with the 1712 you will not be disappointed.
I also notice your from the province of B.C. so if you ever want to venture to the Island you are more then welcome to shoot a 1712 for a match and decide if you want one.
PM me if you have already decided and I'll help you get one ordered as we are putting another gun order together soon.
nanaimoman