2007 Texas State Motl?

This is what we do.
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

2007 Texas State Motl?

Post by atomicbrh »

I have been e-mailing Motl the past week or so to find out the exact 2007 dates for the Texas State Smallbore Match. He has not replied. We are trying to arrange Leave for as many big matchs as possible in 2007. Does anyone know the dates for the 2007 Texas State Match? Is it the last weekend in June?

Thanks,
Bobby R. Huddleston
psteiger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by psteiger »

Did you email him here? wlmotl@earthlink.net
He doesn't check emails often. You might try Paul or Larry.

p
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

I do not think Mr Motl is hostin the smallbore Texas in 2007, I have heard that it will be in another part of the state. Pharr or Cliff Landry might be able to help on that question. And no Bill does not check emails frequently.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by stsbuyer »

Innocent wrote:I do not think Mr Motl is hostin the smallbore Texas in 2007, I have heard that it will be in another part of the state. Pharr or Cliff Landry might be able to help on that question. And no Bill does not check emails frequently.

Innocent
I will check today but I think that David Hales will be the match director. If that it the case then I am sure that he will run the match at his home range in Austion, TX. I will find out if the date is set and post it here as soon as I know.

Paul
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

Texas State

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

It will be in Austin Texas. It was schedule to be on the same date as the Sunchine clasic, the director David Hailes is trying to find another date, possibly also in May.
It will be posted as soon as we know.
Evelio.
Evelio
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Thanks, please do post when you know the dates and location for 2007 Texas State Smallbore. We want to make as many State and Regional matchs as possible in 2007. The only large match we made in 2006 was the Southern Nationals. We do not want that to happen in 2007.

Bobby R. Huddleston
stsbuyer
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by stsbuyer »

Below is a copy of an email from David Hales, looks like we have a conflict with the match in Florida. Not sure what to do now, Sorry Paul

Hello fellow Rifle Silhouette Shooters,

I need to confirm the date of the Texas State Smallbore Rifle Match this Spring. The date is April 14th and 15th. The Bulletin is attached. Please send this bulletin out through your resources to get the word out to as many as possible. I have made the appropriate date changes at the State and National level.

I have gone through some ordeal to come to this date. The match has bounce back and forth between April 14th and May 19th. I am restricted to the third weekend of any month due to the scheduling of the facilities at my home range, the Austin Rifle Club. A large match in Florida on April 14th caused the original change away from the my match's first date. At that point I moved the match to May where I later learned of its conflict with the Texas State Cowboy Silhouette Rifle Match. I can not go to June due to a personal trek with the Boy Scouts to Philmont Scout Ranch in Mew Mexico. This became a lose-lose situation where I could not please everyone. My decision was made in order to not conflict with another Texas State Championship inwhich known state competitors would be involved. Numerous Texas shooter would both be competing in and also running the Cowboy shoot in May. I could not overrun their match and exclude them from my match. I am truly sorry for the conflict for those of you who are considering the match in Florida.

David Hailes
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Just as a comment, April 14th and 15th is also the dates of the NRA annual meeting which has already caused some conflict with some shooters that have attended those meeting for years.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.