NEW Bergara BMR

This is what we do.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: NEW Bergara BMR

Post by DavidABQ »

I have a request, whoever buys a BMR please post a review of it here on Steelchickens.
:-bd
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Merlin »

I'm seeing a release date of June being bandied about on other Forums...
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
crsteven
B Poster
B Poster

Post by crsteven »

Will that barrel make hunter class configuration? How much taper do you need to be legal?
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

crsteven wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:32 am Will that barrel make hunter class configuration? How much taper do you need to be legal?
The 2019 rulebook states...
(e) Barrel: A hunting style contoured barrel that tapers from chamber to muzzle. Bull barrels are not permitted...
There is no mention of how much taper it must have, just that it needs some taper to comply to the rules.
Allen Corneau
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

crsteven wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:32 am Will that barrel make hunter class configuration? How much taper do you need to be legal?
Judging from the pictures, I think it will assuming you don't put an attachment on the threaded muzzle.

Any measurable taper from chamber to muzzle is legal. If it's not a visual taper, pack a set of calipers in your range bag in case you need to prove it to be legal to be on the safe side. I did a 0.044" taper from chamber to muzzle on my smallbore rifle and it's a visually apparent taper albeit slight.
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
Emietenkorte
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Emietenkorte »

The steel barrel is a #4 taper according to the Bergara website. It should work just fine.